Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro failing to setup Auto Upload

I have a Hero 7 black which I bought recently

Before I went on holiday I shot a short video and it uploaded to the cloud no problems, I then went on holiday to the USA and whilst there it connected at one point and uploaded a couple of short clips.

Since I have got back it isn’t connected to the cloud and it won’t connect to my home hub.

I have followed all the steps outlined online in the support sections but when I select my hub and enter the password it spins around for a minute or so then says it can’t connect.

The files overall are too big to transfer to the app so I’m at an impasse now!

I have tried:

2.4hz and 5hz
Resetting connections
Removing camera from app
Factory reset
Manual update of firmware

After the first attempt each time it no longer asks for the password but still times out when connecting even when right next to it fully charged and plugged in

Any other suggestions as I’m tearing my hair out and paying for a subscription that I can’t use
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro failing to setup Auto Upload

Hello @tommarsland.  Try logging in to plus.gopro.com/login and see if you are able to successfully login. Then, see instructions under GoPro App (iOS or Android depending on the OS of your device) here  to try adding to media to GoPro Plus. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Weirdly I am getting a 404 not found message on that link there
Highlighted
Tourist

Following the instructions on the second link there I never get the option to share WiFi settings with the camera, it once asked for the password which I put in but every time since it just spins away not connecting
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @tommarsland

Let our Support Team help on this.

Please reach out to them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej