Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro.com Livestream quality issues

[ New ]

We attempted a livestream this weekend, using our Hero 9 at 720p and the GoPro.com livestream function and T-Mobile hotspot.  while our tests at home with the hotspot were limited the stream seemed ok, but once we got the setup on site for an indoor volleyball game the streaming quality was very stuttery and not capable of being viewed.

Is there any type of data we can pull from the camera or from GoPro's system that could tell us what was going on?

Also, any tips on if any of the other services might be less bandwidth intensive and therefore more likely to work via Hotspot?

GoPro

Re: GoPro.com Livestream quality issues

[ New ]

Hi @ranrushing

The stream quality will depend on the signal strength

Check out FAQ + Troubleshooting 

Also, please make sure that your data plan is configured for mobile hotspot.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: GoPro.com Livestream quality issues

[ New ]

I had read the Tips/Troubleshooting prior to even attempting to stream.  Also my hotspot is a hotspot, so yes its SIM is configured to be used in this way.  As for what data it can do, I've seen speed tests upwards of 35Mbps.

I would still like to know if there is any data that can be accessed that would reveal what issue we had.  I am aware that there is data for things like Gyro/GPS, etc along with the recordings, so it would make sense if there is data about bitrate or data loss either on the camera or on GoPro's servers.