Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro camera app can't do video recording on my GoPro 3+ silver v03.03, wifi connection lost

My GoPro 3+ silver camera works fine torecord video manually, but can't do it with GoPro capture App on my iPhone 7+,

the App version 4.5.1; every time when I tried to do video recording on the App, the wifi link would be lost. I have no problem to view video clips from the camera.

Wonder if the GoPro capture 4.5.1 is not compatible with the firmware v03.03?

Hope someone can give me tips on how to solve it.  Thanks

David

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro camera app can't do video recording on my GoPro 3+ silver v03.03, wifi connection lost

Great to know that you are now able to record through the app, @qit1787. Thank you for posting back to confirm resolution. The latest firmware for a HERO3+ Silver camera is 03.02. You can see it here: https://gopro.com/update/hero3_plus Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro camera app can't do video recording on my GoPro 3+ silver v03.03, wifi connection lost

Hi @qit1787

May I know what SD card are you using? 

You can also try to update the app to the latest version 4.5.2

You may also try to install a new firmware. 

Keep us posted. 

Best Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

@graytree76514 wrote:

Hi @qit1787

May I know what SD card are you using? 

You can also try to update the app to the latest version 4.5.2

You may also try to install a new firmware. 

Keep us posted. 

Best Regards,

-Jay 

Hi Jay

thanks, somehow the problem was gone! Now I can use the iPhone app to record video, no more WiFi link dropping.

Not sure why it was not working previously,  btw, what are the latest firmware version for the GoPro 3+ silver? 

Best

David

Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that you are now able to record through the app, @qit1787. Thank you for posting back to confirm resolution. The latest firmware for a HERO3+ Silver camera is 03.02. You can see it here: https://gopro.com/update/hero3_plus Thanks!