Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro app on iPad.. so bad it hurts

I have 3 Hero5 Session cameras.

I attempt to use the GoPro app to set them up.

The app connects to the cameras about 30% of the time. And that takes forever.

I've never seen such a horrible implementation.

What is an alternative so I can at least set the cameras up before shooting? I can't see myself taking forever to set up 3 little cameras with this turkey.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro app on iPad.. so bad it hurts

Hello, @jonav78. Have you been able to pair the Sessions to the app before? Are the cameras updated to the latest firmware? Do you get any error message when attempting to pair the camera (one at a time) to the GoPro App? Do you have the latest version of the app installed? Is your iPad running on the latest OS? These details will help us isolate the cause of the trouble. 

If you haven't yet, try resetting the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections between your camera and the app, reset the Wi-Fi on your GoPro, then re-pair the two. There are troubleshooting steps here for you to try. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Sessions are 2.51

App is latest. Downloaded 2 weeks ago.

iPad is latest OS.

I did reset everything a few times.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jonav78

If you have access to another device, please test if you will be able to pair the camera/s.

This will help isolate the issue further.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The iPad is the device we have to use. So we need it to work.

Last night I turned all 3 cameras on and started the app. All 3 cameras showed up in the list of wireless devices almost immediately.

GorPro App comes up and says I have no cameras. Tried for an hour and gave up. Unable to connect to any of the cameras.

Let's solve this

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jonav78

I understand you need to pair the camera with the iPad.

We are just trying to isolate where the issue might be.

Were you able to test it with another device/phone?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

It has paired with the iPad previously. Although, as I said in my earlier post, it takes too long and doesn't pair every time. Last night was the first time it refused to find any cameras. Thgouh they did show up in the wireless devices list.

Highlighted
Tourist

Last night I tried it with my Samsung Galaxy and iPhone 8. Even worse. The Samsung found one camera and simply refused to find the others. The iPhone refused to find any. What a mess.

Packing it all up and selling it. Going to buy some other brand that actually works. This stuff is junk. Thank you for your replies.