Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro app not showing on Apple watch anymore

I also miss the GoPro app for Apple Watch :( . Used it while hang gliding. Please bring it back.
Sightseer

I too want it back. Use chin mount when hitting canyon roads on motorbike. Apple Watch app allowed me to make sure camera was at right angle and that it was recording when I set off.
Why would you remove?
Tourist

I posted my dissappoinment back in November of 2018 and GoPro responded by not doing anything about adding back Apple Watch support in their app.  Looks like it's time for people to start exploring alternative cameras that pay attention to their Customers.  No explanation why they removed it or if they'll add it back in the future.  Their Developers can't be that busy or living in a bubble that they don't see how badly this move has dissappointed their Customers.  Shameful

GoPro

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Currently, the GoPro App on Apple Watch is no longer supported. 

Please continue to check our website for updates.

gopro.com

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I think we have heard that message loud and clear. I also know that so many people want it back and considering that GoPro is a one trick pony, one would think that this would be on the list of features to bring back. DJI is gunning for you if you haven't already noticed. 

Tourist

The reason why GroPro does not continue to support the Apple Watch is that GroPro would like to sell their GoPro Remote. Apple Watch Support does not bring any value to GoPro but the remote control does...as easy as it is!

Explorer

@jeanclaude2060 wrote:

The reason why GroPro does not continue to support the Apple Watch is that GroPro would like to sell their GoPro Remote. Apple Watch Support does not bring any value to GoPro but the remote control does...as easy as it is!

Wrong.  Not even close.

Tourist

In which case, what is the reason? It would be nice if an explanation was given for this dropped capability.