Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro app not showing on Apple watch anymore

[ New ]

I've gone through every article I can find, and I cannot get the GoPro app to show up on my Apple watch 2 anymore.  It used to show up, but has disappeared recently.  Did you guys remove that support from your most recent app?  All IOS updates, and watch updates are current.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro app not showing on Apple watch anymore

[ New ]

Hi @sjcorpst

The Apple Watch no longer supports GoPro App.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sjcorpst

The Apple Watch no longer supports GoPro App.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Seriously, Is it lack of support from the GoPro app or from Apple's OS on the watch?

Tourist

[ New ]

Is that an Apple thing or a GoPRo thing? Kinda sucks actually especially when there are articles on the GoPro site stating that it somehow works.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Kind of disappointed that a company like GoPro don’t really care about the customers.
This app for Apple Watch would be really handy and I think that a lot of People would use it.

Please GoPro. Make it happen!!!
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback.

We'll have this shared to the team in charge.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I bought Apple Watch because of GoPro apps end up I cannot find GoPro app on Watch Apple store T_T...any chance to get back the apps...ty

Tourist

[ New ]
Same here I bought a GP 7 and GoPro has an article on how to install Apple Watch GoPro connect. Therefore this is a bug of the app and lack of features described !
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry about that @jeanclaude2060,

We'll send this feedback to our team.

GoPro App for Apple watch is no longer available. 

Regards,

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

And you should either remove from the search or notate 'This feature/application is no longer available as of (date)" so others don't do what we did (i.e. searching for the app doesn't exist and then getting frustrated because we think its us..but its not). Thanks.

GoPro

[ New ]

This is noted, @hardystoke6702. Thank you. We have already submitted the request to our team and the app description as well as support help articles should be updated soon, if not updated yet. Best regards!

Tourist

[ New ]
Very disappointed, also bought both the Hero 7 and an Apple Watch, with the only purpose of being able to use the remote app based on advertising
Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

This is noted, @hardystoke6702. Thank you. We have already submitted the request to our team and the app description as well as support help articles should be updated soon, if not updated yet. Best regards!

It is not updated yet, see:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-App-Getting-Started-with-the-Apple-Watch

and

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/Apple-Watch-Troubleshooting

I have 3 GoPro camera I would like to control with my Apple Watch.

Is this feature gone for good, like the "team" has been laid off, or will this come back once they fix the problems with the app that I have read about?

Tourist

[ New ]
I think the removal of Goproapp on "apple watch" is to sell more goproremote. This is a bad thing 👎🏼
Tourist

[ New ]
Yep see it the same way. I returned the GoPro to seller! Not acceptable
Sightseer

[ New ]
I just spent $1000 on an Apple Watch 4 and a GoPro 7 specifically for this functionality. I am extremely frustrated about this. Pull your heads out GoPro!!
Sightseer

[ New ]

I am not happy about this either, I would like to see the app return to the Apple Watch, it was a very handy addition!

Tourist

[ New ]

Same here, GoPro seems to solve the issue (as posted here) by removing AppleWatch from documentation but this is not a solution that is poor customer experience. Is there any technical reason why AppleWatch support was removed? If yes please tell us otherwise work on a suitable solution and bring it back!

Sightseer

[ New ]

why can they not just enable the app again?

Tourist

[ New ]
Likewise. Really annoying. Perhaps they are trying to push sales of their hardware remote?!
Sightseer

[ New ]

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING!!! Why in the world would you discontinue Apple Watch support??  It's a great marriage of technologies!!

Definitely returning this new Christmas gift after this news. SO SAD....

Tourist

[ New ]
Same here. Like others I received my Apple Watch today and was excited to look at the marriage in functionality between the watch and my cameras. I was extremely disappointed to find the app wasn’t available. I didn’t know the app had been removed and if I had this would have likely influenced my buying choices. I would be happy to see the app reinstated, make this happen and make your consumers happy!!
Sightseer

[ New ]
Same here:(( Is any other app compatible?
Tourist

[ New ]

Just got my Gopro Fusion and would also like to use my apple watch as a remote. It's very disapointing buying a camera which at first had  this functionality and after buying and lots of research concluding this is now discontinued.

Tourist

[ New ]

I purchased a GoPro 7 Black specifically with the intention of using it with an apple watch, BECAUSE GoPro claim support on their website. Not a year ago. Not last week. Today. I just archived some of the pages as pdf files.

How many people are affected? 

Tourist

[ New ]

I noticed this too, as did someone earlier in this actual thread. There was a response from GoPro that they were going to remove/update the information. Surely they can just make this feature live again, there is obviously call for it. Looking at YouTube videos and reviews of the feature - they came in quite positive.
Again like many have stated, one of the sole reasons I wanted an Apple Watch over other smart watches was because of this feature and the intergration with my GoPro cameras. Poor that there has been no communication that the app for the watch has been removed.
Also a poor show if this has only been removed to drive sales of the GoPro wrist remote.
Come on GoPro sort it - the customer is always right.

Sightseer

[ New ]
This is BS! Probably 20% of the reason I bought my Apple Watch was because of the app support with GoPro. I had the GoPro app on my phone but uninstalled it to troubleshoot now I can’t get it back. There is also nothing holding me to continue supporting GoPro. I’ll just get one of the cheaper competitors that care about their customers
Sightseer

[ New ]
I meant I had the app on my watch but now I can’t get it back.
Tourist

[ New ]

It's simply a matter of the GoPro Development Team not wanting to support the programing needed to make it work again.  Are they that busy that they can't update their previous code for compatabiliy with the watch OS?  Seems to me like there's a lot of interest in having it back.  GoPro's own Smart Remote has lots of issues from what I'm seeing and I never had issues with the app working on my watch.  It was simply a better way to remotely control my camera.

Tourist

[ New ]
So how do we convince GoPro that we need/want this feature. It’s like we’ve been teased with it and then it’s now been taken away.
Some people on here have either bought the GoPro cameras because there is the promise that they link up with the Apple Watch and visa Versa. Shame on GoPro for allowing this to happen. An update on wether the functionality will be reinstated would be nice, at least then loyal customers to both brands know where they stand and can then make educated and informed buying choices. I believe we have been sold a lie due to lack of communication on the withdrawal of the Apple Watch support.
Tourist

[ New ]
GoPro reps, can you address this with the community? We’ve invested in your product, please provide some transparency.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone, 

Apologies for any inconvenience. Although the GoPro App is no longer supported on the Apple Watch, this doesn't mean that the app will never return. It's been removed for the time being.

Appreciate all your feedback. We have forwarded this to the team. We will keep you posted once we have new information.

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm returning this Hero 7 Black tomorrow, directly as a result of this. GoPro cameras aren't anything special anymore. If GoPro isn't going to remain competitive on price (massively overpriced), features (obviously not a priority), or support (actively getting worse and worse), then there is no reason to be a GoPro customer. It's sad really.

Sightseer

[ New ]
What happening with Apple Watch and Gopro. Did you solve the problème
Tourist

[ New ]

Not fixed yet. Would like confirmation as to wether the feature will be reinstated. GoPro support don’t seem to want to commit. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I solved the problem.

I returned 3 units that I purchased as gifts. I'm voting with my dollars. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Not the sole reason I bought a go pro hero 7, but one of the main features I was excited about using is was the ‘as advertised’ compatibility with the Apple Watch. To the find out it is no longer supported and then to have all this non commited ‘we will pass it to the developers’ is pretty poor.
This constitutes false advertising, Think I will vote with the same returns basis as poster above. Disappointed customer.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Sucks guys!!!!!! I used this to start my cam off when riding my motorcycle as a safety cam this has now placed mye into a pretty bad situation as I now need to fumble around with all my gear to get my phone out of the bag and take off my helmet, gloves just to see what I am doing. Can you not put the app back on to the Apple Watch supporting the new updates

Tourist

[ New ]
Seems a lot of customers are not satisfied with GoPro‘s decision and mareketing. Let be customers know via Twitter: https://twitter.com/acidham/status/1081493808976723968?s=21
Tourist

[ New ]
Good idea. We need to spread the word!!
Sightseer

[ New ]

Can you please fix the app GoPro so i can use it again on my Apple Watch. The GoPro is so much greater with the possibility to use your AW as a remote. Also one of the customers that choose for a GoPro with this option.

Sightseer

[ New ]
What a terrible strategy not to support this, Gopros are a premium camera and linking to items like an Apple Watch should differentiate it from the others.
As soon as a cheaper suitable camera comes out with Apple Watch suppprt then my GoPro goes on eBay
Sightseer

[ New ]

Disappointed. Please bring the app back!

Tourist

[ New ]

That s**ks. Cannot believe company as big as GoPro cannot put their s*it together and make that app which works. It looks like money is all they want, don't really care about customer. Bought GoPro7 Black to use with my Apple Watch couple of weeks ago and they took the app off week later without any sensible explanation. Very disappointing. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Dear Gopro,

Please bring back Apple Watch app, it was one of the reasons for me to buy an apple watch as wel as a Gopro..
Tourist

[ New ]
This is ridiculous, I bought this Hero 7 black yesterday, wont update through an iPhone app, no app for Apple Watch and paid for plus and no get a message saying there’s been an error and I can’t use it. Extremely disappointed with GoPro.
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rockyvista53832,

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

GoPro App for Apple Watch is no longer available. 

Regarding update using your phone do you have specific error message?

Have you tried using a computer to update your camera?

Same with GoPro PLUS please let us know what error message are you getting and when or what are you doing exactly before the message prompt. 

Please let us know so that we can check.

Regards,

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]
Even trying to reply to you I got an error message:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 3D19E4F9.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.

The error I get when trying to use GoPro Plus is:

Purchase Error There was an error purchasing your subscription. Please contact customer support.

But I received email confirming purchase, when I sign into my GoPro account I can see it there and it’s in my iTunes purchases.

For the update, I guess I have no choice but use a computer. Just thought that something so high end would actually work. I’m really disappointed
Tourist

[ New ]
The error I get when I try update my GoPro through the mobile app is:

Big read exclamation mark (btw very negative from customer point of view)
Under that it says: THERE WAS A PROBLEM (capital letters is even worse)
Under that: Let’s try again.

And same thing over and over again no matter what I do.
GoPro

[ New ]

Got it @rockyvista53832,

It would be best to talk to our customer support team to know the exact problem. 

You may contact them via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay