Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro app not showing on Apple watch anymore

I purchased a GoPro 7 Black specifically with the intention of using it with an apple watch, BECAUSE GoPro claim support on their website. Not a year ago. Not last week. Today. I just archived some of the pages as pdf files.

How many people are affected? 

Tourist

[ Edited ]

I noticed this too, as did someone earlier in this actual thread. There was a response from GoPro that they were going to remove/update the information. Surely they can just make this feature live again, there is obviously call for it. Looking at YouTube videos and reviews of the feature - they came in quite positive.
Again like many have stated, one of the sole reasons I wanted an Apple Watch over other smart watches was because of this feature and the intergration with my GoPro cameras. Poor that there has been no communication that the app for the watch has been removed.
Also a poor show if this has only been removed to drive sales of the GoPro wrist remote.
Come on GoPro sort it - the customer is always right.

Sightseer

This is BS! Probably 20% of the reason I bought my Apple Watch was because of the app support with GoPro. I had the GoPro app on my phone but uninstalled it to troubleshoot now I can’t get it back. There is also nothing holding me to continue supporting GoPro. I’ll just get one of the cheaper competitors that care about their customers
Sightseer

I meant I had the app on my watch but now I can’t get it back.
Tourist

It's simply a matter of the GoPro Development Team not wanting to support the programing needed to make it work again.  Are they that busy that they can't update their previous code for compatabiliy with the watch OS?  Seems to me like there's a lot of interest in having it back.  GoPro's own Smart Remote has lots of issues from what I'm seeing and I never had issues with the app working on my watch.  It was simply a better way to remotely control my camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

So how do we convince GoPro that we need/want this feature. It’s like we’ve been teased with it and then it’s now been taken away.
Some people on here have either bought the GoPro cameras because there is the promise that they link up with the Apple Watch and visa Versa. Shame on GoPro for allowing this to happen. An update on wether the functionality will be reinstated would be nice, at least then loyal customers to both brands know where they stand and can then make educated and informed buying choices. I believe we have been sold a lie due to lack of communication on the withdrawal of the Apple Watch support.
Tourist

GoPro reps, can you address this with the community? We’ve invested in your product, please provide some transparency.
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone, 

Apologies for any inconvenience. Although the GoPro App is no longer supported on the Apple Watch, this doesn't mean that the app will never return. It's been removed for the time being.

Appreciate all your feedback. We have forwarded this to the team. We will keep you posted once we have new information.

Best regards, 
Marius