Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro app not compatible message Android 9

New Hero 8 Black for Christmas.  Tried to download the app on a Moto G6 Play running Android 9 (Pie??).  Getting the notification that the app is not compatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You

GoPro

Re: GoPro app not compatible message Android 9

Hello @keithb572. Based on the requirements for the GoPro App, your phone should be compatible. Are you downloading the app directly from the Google PlayStore? By any chance, are you able to download the app on a different (compatible) phone? 

Tourist

Play Store wouldn't even give me the option to download the app, install button not even there - just the incompatibility message.  Also tried going through the link available on the GoPro site, and of course it, too brought me to the Play Store with the same results.

GoPro

We will pass this along to the team. Will you be able to send us a screenshot of the Play Store page that shows the error? Also, have you been able to install the GoPro App on this same device before? Thanks!

Sightseer

Same phone, same issue. Very frustrating. I've attached a picture of the play store. I've seen other posts related to this similar Android 9 issue with no resolution. What's the time frame to get this resolved? As of right now, I'm planning on returning the camera in a few days.
Screenshot_20200104-193847.png
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@sharpstoke34114 @keithb572 

Sorry about that, searching on the web I could find this: https://support.getupside.com/hc/en-us/articles/226667067--Device-not-compatible-error-message-in-Go...  apparently it's a problem that has been affecting a lot of other apps.

To fix the “your device is not compatible with this version” error message, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again. 

Pull down the notification bar on your Android device and hit the gear-shaped settings icon, or find “settings” in the application tray. From here navigate to Apps, or App Manager. Then scroll down and find Google Play Store. Select this, and tap Clear Cache or Data

This should erase everything, and get rid of any corrupt files that seem to be causing this problem. Instagram and Supercell, maker of Clash of Clans, have heard from multiple users that this works.

Does that help??

Sightseer

No luck. Still says not compatible. I tried deleting the cache and data, then going directly to the Play Store app. App was not found. Searched in google to find the app, then bring it up in the Play Store, which showed the error.

I also tried the same steps, but restarted the phone after deleting the cache and data. Same error.
GoPro

@sharpstoke34114 

Sorry about that for some reasons the PlayStore doesn't detect the correct Android version of your device, sorry the steps provided didn't do the trick :(