Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

How can I export edits from the Gopro app (Ios) in 1080p?

in the Quik app this was an optional setting but I can't find it anywhere on the Gopro app.

can anyone help?

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

@luisg73580 

Hi,

We do want to add a detailed info on export resolution in the future, yes.

On iOS -  Right now export resolution = resolution of the most media clips you have. If it's 1080p then it will be 1080p if you have mainly 4K, then 4K.
On Android - it's 1080p / 60fps

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@luisg73580 

Hi,

We do want to add a detailed info on export resolution in the future, yes.

On iOS -  Right now export resolution = resolution of the most media clips you have. If it's 1080p then it will be 1080p if you have mainly 4K, then 4K.
On Android - it's 1080p / 60fps

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, I've just used the gopro app (android) for the first time to edit my video and I must say I am really dissapointed with the quality. It may say it's 1080p, but it's a lot worse compared to the same 1080p when created in quik app for mobile. The quik file was 1000 MB while the one from gopro app (comparable lenght) is only 300 MB. Is there a way to improve quality of the gopro app output files? 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @swiftstar85250 

Could you give me more info please?
- What device / OS are you on?
- What kind of files are you exporting in GoPro App: is it a multi-clip editing? A rendered 360 Keyframed video? Photo grab? Trimmed video?

- What is the resolution / fps of the source/original media?

Thank you :) 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,
My device is Samsung Galaxy S9 (android). All the original files come from gopro hero 7 black. Original resolution is 2.7k 60 fps. they were not edited before using them in gopro app. there were about 20 orignal files used to create the final 3 minute film.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the info and your feedback. I will see with our Dev Team.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Bonjour, je suis également intéressé car la réponse car j'ai exactement le même problème sur OnePlus. La qualité est triste et incomparable à ce que l'on voit sur l'app GoPro (ou là, la qualité de la vidéo est incroyable). : https://youtu.be/td2IlNi4ILc

Merci d'avance pour l'aide

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @megastoke1837  It's hard to tell because when watching a video on YouTube there's always a compression on top - YouTube doesn't help with quality and we can't compare things from YouTube :(