Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

@iamcolorist @luisg73580 @stefanop0536 @cbrktmfabi @marekh001 

The message is clear - quality needs improving - and we all agree. This will be taken care of, I don't have deadlines but I know that it will be, it's a topic I have my eyes on.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there,

The Quality-Issue in GoPro App is still not fixed (this topic is open for more than 8 Months now!!!)! We are waiting for ages now!

My 4K Videos still look like old SD-Videos with low bitrate when editing and exporting with the GoPro App on my Iphone 11 Pro and my IPAD Pro as well! Please give us the possibility to export the videos the way we want to (give us settings!!!) - at least 4K 60FPS should be possible these days!

Also it is still not possible to use the GoPro App in wide mode on the ipad - only portrait mode is possible (and this is useless!)!

I am really dissapointed, that there is no quality-improvement in the GoPro app! MyHero 8 is such a cool thing and also the "old" Quik App is perfect (except that 4K is not supported)! Why is it so hard for you to get the GoPro App done the right way?!

Greetings from a really dissapointed Martin

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @dromdrol

Quality issues are on our priority list and will be addressed.
Exporting at 60fps will be fixed in the next update - right now on iOS there is a bug that export videos in 30fps instead of 60.
If you have a majority of 4K files in your multi clip edit, then the output will be 4K (on iOS only)
Editing in landscape is also on the roadmap.

Trying our best, lots of things happening and lots of bugs and new stuff to code!
Highlighted
Tourist

I do not like to complain, but this is ridiculous. Your app is broken for months, unable to export video with decent bitrate. This is total deal breaker, ANY other fixes are useless. Remember we buy your hardware to get best quality!

Last year I have had some problems with Quik app, but I was able to workaround them and get high quality vacation videos.

This year in Gopro app all looked OK until after filnal export I realized, that video bitrate is total joke.

So now I have many edited videos taking gigabytes in my phone waiting to be exported. Also many other unedited videos are sitting in my GoPro because of this.

You are killing great app with this, but fix is clearly not a priority for you. Sorry but this is totally hopeless.

Highlighted
Hiker

Honestly, we are totally lost with GoPro. C'mon Haindash, you are really lying to all of us. 10 month ago you promised a fix for output quality and nothing happened. Imagin somebody promised you again and again and nothing happens at all!

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Oh I get that you're angry, I am as frustrated as you are - as you say it well, I've also been waiting for the Pro Quality setting (with higher bitrate) to show up in the app for a long time... I have my eyes on 5/6 tickets about that and I'm always coming back to it. But I'm no dev I don't read the matrix and I'm no Product, I don't draw the roadmap. I'm basically just the Night Watch (no I didn't say you guys are the White Walkers - but yes bugs are!). I do my best for bugs to get fixed and feedback to be heard but other things are also moving around - like for example launching a new camera. We all have tough jobs and sorry that users have to put up with us, I'm in the middle and trying to make it aaaaaall good.
Funny being called Haindash - you know it's also my harp.voice music artist name, maybe you can check my music out on Spotify, it's chill style, so it will help you cope with the fact that multi-clip editing is sadly crushing quality on your media - :) (smiley)

But really. I'm just trying to say - I'm with you and that, also makes me sad - I'm honestly on this quest as we speak, that's not a lie, I know for a fact that we want to make it happen, the quest I'm on is - when / how fast!

Highlighted
Hiker

Honestly, I cannot imagine you are launching a new cam since 10 months...?

Tell your bosses it is useless to make a cam with great specs and and perfect image quality when your app ruins it all - but I guess, they must know.

If you think you do not earn money with the app and invest all the time in the cam, your bosses could be wrong!

Sorry to say, but it is a shame for such a big company and a simple tweak in the app, which is certainly not your fault, Haindash. Just make it happen.

Highlighted
GoPro

"Haindash. Just make it happen." I'm on it boss!