Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

@cbrktmfabi 

How do you check the resolution of the file?
I would suggest that you use the free app Video Info Viewer right after exporting the video to your phone.

QA tested with 11 Pro max, using some 4K files into a multi-clip edit, exporting the video and got 4K in output (2160x2160 if square format / 3840x2160 if cinema format) so all good here.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello haindash,

i still have the same problem as at the beginning of this thread. The export resolution from the GoPro app always shows me in 4K resolution under the information, but the video quality is washed out and not sharp. the quality of the raw file is much better than after exporting from the GoPro app to the iPhone. this was not the case before the GoPro app updates.
Highlighted
GoPro

Would you please tell me if you are talking about a multi-clip edit (making a video with several other videos) or just basically export one 4k video to your phone.

Would you mind sharing via a Dropbox link the videos in question do we take a look? Original / exported video if it's a multi-clip edit.

I would say, in case of a multi clip edit, it's probably the bitrate that could be higher. I would like to check source files / export files to see.

Thanks
Highlighted
Hiker

I've tried everything with the same result. I make the videos with the Karma drone and only load clips with 4K and 60 fps directly from the Hero 7 into the GoPro app.
Highlighted
GoPro

maybe you can compare the bitrate of the original footage and the exported video edit.
I would say that if you're saying the resolution is indeed 4K but still doesn't look sharp it's because the bitrate is lower on the exported story @cbrktmfabi
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Haindash
You are right, the android system shows 360p, but the application you suggested indicates 1080p. The bitrate is about 14Mbps instead of 77Mbps of the source files.
Highlighted
GoPro

@stefanop0536 @luisg73580 @cbrktmfabi @marekh001 @mrrz500 

We have several open tickets on the topic of quality and bitrate - improvements in that area will be made.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Very Happy with the gopro app and the edits, at least in an iphone 6s plus.

but very poor options to exporting, we need the options in a menu / toggles.

Thank you