Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Betreff: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

I cut a 7 second part of 1 video and shared itfrom my IPhone to someone on whatsapp. Looked gret on my phone before I sent it. But when I saw it on Whatsapp. it looked like 360p. I can always download from Hero 8 to pc and send that way to keep 4K quality. But I don't always carry my pc in my back pocket. 85 inch monitor rips the pocket trying to fit it in.

Highlighted
GoPro

@mrrz500 @chrischankit 

Hi,

I have a Pixel1 at hand which is what I do my testing with.
Right now I used several 1080/60 Hero8 videos to make a multi clip edit - I save it and export to phone. I use Video Info Viewer to check the file. As expected : Resolution is 1920x1080 / FPS is 60. The output video isn't 360p.

From what I'm seeing is that YouTube isn't displaying the correct resolution. The issue you are having seems to be on YouTube side as the output file from GoPro App has the correct resolution.

Also Whatsapp does compress videos a lot as well.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Okay thank you.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

I have IPad Pro 2018, hero 7 black, all footage is shot 4K 24fps, when I edit it in GoPro app and export it only export in 720p, every single time, how can I change this? There's no video export quality setting, what is the point of this app if it only export in 720p?

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello
The output video from the gopro app have a very bad resolution 683x 384. (Not 1080p)
I'm using 4k source files from hero 7 and a samsung s8.
The quality is very poor and compression very low. Why?
Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

With the iPhone 11 i‘ve still also the same problem
Highlighted
GoPro

@marekh001 - you are on GoPro App right? Not Quik App?
On Quik App you have to actually activate 1080p in the settings of the app otherwise it will be in 720p.

However on GoPro App, if you have a majority of 4K media in your video then the output should also be 4K.
How do you check the resolution of your video? Where do you see that it's 720p?
Highlighted
GoPro

@stefanop0536 

On Android you will not get 4K in output when making a multi-clip edit, sorry.

The output resolution is set to 1080p/60fps
Right after exporting the video to your phone, please use the free Video Info Viewer to check the file and check its resolution.

Please let me know.