Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

OK - ich hab die GoPro App erst heute getestet, weil ich gelesen habe, dass sie mit 4K funktionieren soll. Habe bis jetzt immer die Quik App verwendet.

Schade, dass die GoPro App nicht (mehr) ordentlich funktioniert - die hätte echt Potential und ich würde sie gerne verwenden!

Was mir auch aufegfallen ist - die Live-Fotos des iphone/ipad können nur als normales Foto importiert werden - die "Live-Videos" werden anscheinenend auch nicht unterstützt. In der Quik App hat das aber hervorragend funktioniert - leider eben nur in 1080p (allerdings mit 60fps)!

Na dann hoffen wir auf baldige updates!

Highlighted
GoPro

@dromdrol @cbrktmfabi 

Hi,

First we need to fix the issue of the framerate going down from 60fps to 30fps on iOS. It is working correctly at 60fps on Android. 

Then we have the general topic of quality, we are planning to add Quality Settings in the App, I don't have a timeframe on this.

And about the way Live Photos are handled as norma photos currently, yes this is also something we have in mind but again no timeline on this, I am sorry.

Highlighted
Tourist

@haindash 

Good to know that you work on a fix.

There is one more thing (as Apple would say *gg*) - It is not possible to use GoPro App in Landscape mode (that is espacially bad on the ipad pro when you use the new magic keyboard or any other keyboard, cause you have to take out the ipad to edit in Portrait Mode) - GoPro App only let's you edit in Portrait mode (only to watch the movie you can show it also in landscape)! Quik App instead let's you edit in landscape mode and portrait mode.

So - the only thing you should do is to take the best features from both apps and put them together to one great app!

thx

Highlighted
GoPro

Yes, this also is a recurring feedback from users which I have brought back to the Team. So we are aware but again, I have no time as of when this will be implemented, sorry :(
Yes, we do want to have the best of both worlds for sure, Quik and GoPro app, that's the idea indeed.
Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem to my Hero8 after "Save to Phone" for the Edit movie. Please pass the attached image to the dev team saying even the file info says is 1920x1080, the file is actual 360pixel quality. There must be a bug to a setting when saving to phone/export. Thanks.

Annotation 2020-06-27 191410.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

I think I found out where is the bug. Btw, I'm using Pixel 3(Andriod). There are 2 options to export

1. Save to Phone (This has a bug exporting 360p quality)

2. Share (This eports the 1080p quality, see attachment) - After the file is ready to share, I pick to "Upload to my google photo storage).

I can totally see the quality different when viewing the video on my phone. Please follow up with the dev team. Thanks.

Annotation 2020-06-27 1914102-3.jpg
Highlighted
Sightseer

Christ almighty. How dumb can you be. 

@haindash wrote:
So if you're making a multi-clip editing on your Android device and checking its resolution, it should be 1080p. It won't be 2.7k, but it should be 1080p and not 480p.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I think they are clueless