Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

Hello
Ok I would like join to beta gopro app

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

Hi,

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first.

Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.

Beta process:
- Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty
To share feedback and for follow up > ask access to our Beta Testing feedback group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta
I manage this group, it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger (Anais GoPro), it's best for me to help users that way.

Highlighted
Hiker

Betreff: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

i have the same problem.

When the App will bei fixed ?

i use a Gopro Hero 7 with 4K 60 fps no protune stabilizer on.

The Exportvideo from the Gopro App looks like 1080p or lower.

Highlighted
Hiker

i have the same problem.

When the App will bei fixed ?

i use a Gopro Hero 7 with 4K 60 fps no protune stabilizer on.

The Exportvideo from the Gopro App looks like 1080p or lower.

Gopro App works on iPhone 11 

Highlighted
GoPro

@cbrktmfabi 

So if you're on Android, when you're doing a multi-clip edit you will get 1080/60fps in output. For now, for performance reasons we can't activate 4K exports. We are looking at ways to improve this.

If you are on iOS - we take the resolution of the most media you have in your Story. So if you have a majority of 4K footage then export will be in 4K.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi there,

Till now I used the Quik App to edit my movies on my iphone 11pro or ipad pro and exported it with 1080p/60fps which was only a compromise (cause i lost the 4K Resolution I was filming with). I always missed the posibility to export in 4K/60FPS.

Today I tried the GoPro App which is really nice and useful and it obviously supports 4K but (and this is really bad) I cannot export 4k with 60fps. It works only 4K/30fps. This is worse than 1080p/60fps because espacially the 60fps is what movies make look the best!

Please make it work with 60fps! It makes me really angry - I have a wonderful Hero 8 and a Hero 6 (with a KarmaGrip) and the videos I try to edit with original GoPro apps cannot be exported with the highest resolution/framerates (I really don't get it!)! So please make either Quik App work with 4K (cause 1080p/60fps is already possible) or even better - make the GoPro App work with 60fps (only 4K/30fps is possible).

So at the moment I only can choose 1080p/60fps in Quik or 4K/30fps in GoPro App. Neither of them is really satisfying!!!

Please help!

Auf gut Deutsch - bitte macht entweder die Quik App für 4k/60fps bereit oder die GoPro App. Aber weder 1080p/60fps (Quik) noch 4K/30fps (GoPro App) sind absolut unbefriedigend, wenn man mit 4K/60fps so richtig geile Action Videos mit viel Speed aufnimmt! Ich würde das dann auch gerne mit den GoPro Apps bearbeiten und ordentlich (4K/60fps) exportieren können. Sowohl mein iphone11pro als auch mein ipad pro schaffen das locker!!!

Also bitte um Hilfe und Antwort!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi,
I have raised a bug for the 30 fps export. It used to be 60 fps and it has changed recently due to some issues. I've reported the problem yesterday, hopefully a fix will come soon.
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Dromdroll,

das ist aber leider nicht alles.
Bei mir sind die Konturen extrem verwaschen....
Es wird zwar unter Info am Mac die 4K Auflösung angegeben, allerdings ist das Video gegen andere Videos komplett verwaschen.
Wenn ich als Vergleich an iPhone ein Video erstelle, dann ist das gestochen scharf das es fast weh tut 😂 auch die Rohdateien sind schön scharf...
Bis ich sie ins die GoPro App lade ...
Aber das ärgerliche daran ist, dass dies vor 3 Wochen alles noch funktioniert hat ...