Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

yes it is :)))
Highlighted
Tourist

I can confirm that in new version exported video is aproximately double the size and finally looks as expected. User selectable bitrate is nice to have feature, but for me the issue is now solved and I can get back to finishing videos from vacation. Thanks to dev team!

Highlighted
Tourist

hello

when you wrote ". User selectable bitrate "   you mean ios app or android app?

I just updated 7.2 android app but cant selecet bitrate

thanks

Highlighted
Hiker

Hey Haindash,

thanks for your support. I just wanted to update my app to version 7.2 and saw that I already have 7.2 (9694) installed on my Samsung tablet!

Does the app update automatically or do I have to update again manually? Since when is the 7.2 version available?

Will try if anything is different.

Thanks

Highlighted
Tourist

You cannot select it now. I meant, If they will add it in future it will be nice feature. But not necessary, preset bitrate works for me now.
Highlighted
GoPro

@elivagar "when you wrote ". User selectable bitrate "   you mean ios app or android app?"

This is not yet possible, this is a whole separate feature that we will implement later down the road. What we did was simply increase the bitrate of Android multi clip + single clip editing. Which will increase quality of your videos. Bitrate is double now.

@silkem552 

If you have 7.2 already then next Story you make you will definitely notice the bitrate increase / better quality. 

@martinkucera74 

I am very happy to hear that :)

Thank you!

Highlighted
Tourist

nothing seem to change for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-TuMiDKVqQ

i dont mind about yoytube compression sorry.

but if yoy see among 1.50 and 2.20 second you see a lot of square pixel

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
GoPro

@elivagar
I can't answer for what YouTube does.
I suggest that you do this: Make your Story, save to phone, use an app like Video Info Viewer (it's a free app) and check the file information. Check the bitrate. You should be getting a 30 something bitrate where the previous version of the app would have getting you a 16 bitrate.