Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

Hi,

If you have Android we will not be able to export in 4K - not in Quik App, not in GoPro App. Only in 1080p.

If you want to export in 4K you have to user iOS GoPro App with 4K media.
Highlighted
Tourist

@haindash  you are so nice and i believe, that you really try to help.

But the thing is that we all tell you for nearly a year now, that the output quality (Bitrate !!!) is very bad in GoPro App, so it does not mather if it is 4K, 1080p or whatever if you cannot fix the quality (bitrate) Issue (finnaly let the users decide which quality settings they want - even if the converting would last for hours on some smartphones... let us decide ourself please!)!

All is fine in Quik App - only the max-resolution is set with 1080p.

So again - mix the best features of both apps and you have the perfect app - why is it for GoPro not possible to do this - ireally do not get it? It is sooo simple!

Highlighted
Tourist

totaly agree with you
Highlighted
Hiker

That's what I pray for since 8 months. The GoPro behaviour is not professional at all.

Go and look somewhere else. Garmin, Insta360, Osmo, etc. all have nice cams and way better apps. So at the end of the day you end up with better quality footage after exporting from their apps (even if the native GoPro footage might look better).

Sorry to say for GoPro

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm sorry but this is not true

i imported one video footage in 4k(sure is 4k) on GOPRO APP from my gopro hero 8 ,  on iOS, but output is still 1080p!!!?!?!?!

please help me

Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah using an iphone 11 with gopro 8 and 9, all my footage is 4k 24fps or 4k 30fps. I pretty much only use stories because aside from this issue... its so easy to edit your day's footage!

But.. when the story is either saved to my phone or shared to something like youtube, it's only 1080p :( 

Highlighted
GoPro

@2wheeltinker @elivagar 

So I tested to make sure things haven't changed but it's ok on my end.

I took 2 4K/30 short videos (10 sec) with HERO9, connect to iPhone X 14.0.1, add them to a Story, exported/saved to my phone.

I've airdropped the video from my iPhone to my Mac and I do have a 4K Story in output.

4K export

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@luisg73580 @2wheeltinker @elivagar @silkem552 @dromdrol 

News:

on upcoming update 7.2 GoPro App Android, bitrate will be increased. Export resolution is still 1080p but bitrate will be higher! :)