Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

@elivagar you can choose the format of your global project during editing so that it's not square, you can choose 16:9 (cinema)
Highlighted
Tourist

@haindash thanks!!! :-*

Highlighted
Sightseer

That’s fine, explain then why the OS can use full resolution, and Andriod only has to settle for 1080p. make equal opportunities, why do Android users have to suffer? And by uploading the video to the cloud you promise original quality, but the 4k video only uploads 2.5k. What else is the fault of android?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hello @haindash,

I've got the GoPro 9 and I'm doing a multi clip edit with the iphone 7, using 5K footage only.

The GoPro APP exports the edit in 1080p every time. It doesn't matter if I use the "share" button in the app itself (which will save a copy of the edit in the cloud service) or save it to the iphone directly. The output is always limited to 1080p (1920 X 1080).

Is there a way to keep the original resolution in my multi clip edit?

Really frustrated by this...

Regards,

Paulo

P.S.: I don't have a good enough PC to process these 5K videos, and this is why I'm trying to do it in the GoPro app itself.

Highlighted
GoPro

@paulop881
Hi,

5K footage cannot be used in multi clip editing. This is way too heavy and too big to be processed on a phone. You don't have a good enough computer to process 5K but your iPhone 7 is definitely not performant enough either to process 5K, sorry about that. Those files are huge.

However you can use 4K footage and the output resolution of your Story will also be 4K.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello,

For plus users, why cloud is not processing the editing of 4K. 5K videos and from there why we can't share it for different profiles like Instagram, YouTube.
it is common problem for most of us that we have phone and go pro 9 but don't have editor to do this heavy job.
Highlighted
Tourist

@haindash 

Thanks for clarifying!

I'll try to process the video in my pc then... even if it takes it a couple of days to complete :)

One additional question though! I have some long videos in 5K which I'm trying to cut in smaller pieces before downloading them to my desktop pc.

I'm cutting them with the GoPro plus media library web interface (image attached), but when doing so the resolution is lowered to 1080p instead of preserving the original 5K quality.

Is this the expected behavior of the tool?

Regards,

Paulo

cuttool_gopro_medialibrary.png
Highlighted
Tourist

im so disappointed. what a big delusion.

I have a xiaomi mi8, very fast phones. quik app for andoird works very very well and smooth importing 4k videos BUT exports is ONLY 1080p. go pro  HURRY UP AND WAKE UP!!!! we want to have the ability to export in 4K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yesterday i try to download QUIK for desktop (today i red is no longer supported!!!!) on my laptop but freeze after importing. so i try on my second laptop (intel i7 8th gen) and freeze again so DISAPPOINTING!!

what  I have to do???? learn and study and become an expert in video editing?? i DONT WANT  and  dont't want to WASTE TIME on complicated programs.  

please any advice?

thanks