Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

Is this ironically meant or can we trust your words now. This app doesn't make any sense with this output quality.

Please...

Highlighted
GoPro

@silkem552 I do not know and do not control when things get implemented, I only voice out -loudly- user feedback.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Haindash, Thanks for the follow up. I understand you don't have the control for the implementation. At least could you please let us know the estimate time for resolution? Regards, Deniz
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm experiencing the same problem. My footage was shot in 2.7/60fps but when I use to app to make a edit it uploads it to the cloud in 1080... Not understanding why some edits upload in 2.7k while other edits upload in 1080...
Highlighted
GoPro

I do not have that information, I just know that it's one of the priority of our roadmap.
Highlighted
Tourist

hello!i just bought a new GoPro hero 8 black, is my first gopro camera

i'm very happy about the camera and the video quality

i'm surprised also about the easy way to manage video wit GO PRO APP

ony one issue. i  filmed in 1080p but the output, althought in 1080p, is compressed and so  with not so high quality

so: inside the gopro app:  video output high quality

exported to the phone: video is compressed with a less quality

i'm so disappointed as there'snt any way to manage or configure the output quality

do I make somethig wrong?? can anybody help me?

or, to have high quality and less compression, do I have to install and use QUIK? 

i wouldnt....i would like to continue use gopro app

thanks 

Highlighted
GoPro

@elivagar Are you on iOS or Android? The resolution is the same yes however when you make a Story the bitrate is lower than the original file so quality suffers. This is stronger on Android than iOS.
This is something we are aware of and we will tackle this problem.
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm on Android 

the video, when in motion, is rellay squared and suffer of big pixel. is so a pity hope will fix soon (may be enabling an output quality selection)

i installet quick, quality now is high uncompressed (as i wanted ) but output is not 16-9 neither 4-3  (is a square!!! :((

I dont understand, why not to have only one application joining Go pro app and Quick??

thanks againg