Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: GoPro app - export resolution 1080p

Bei mir werden die Videos in sehr schlechter qualität aus der GoPro App exportiert. Alle Aufnahmen sind direkt von der Hero 8 in 1080/30 gefilmt und unbearbeitet in die GoPro app importiert worden. In der app sieht die qualität auch gut aus, nur nach dem exportieren nicht mehr. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @saigerracing 

Sorry about that. So when you're saying "only after exporting quality isn't good" - where is that? Phone? Youtube? Facebook? Computer? GoPro Plus?
Also are you doing a single edit (just edit this one video alone) or a multi-clip edit (edit can be with several media, with a video style, music etc...) ?

I would suggest that you get the video from your phone to your computer and check resolution / fps from there so you'll know more about the quality of the file.

Please let us know if you're on Android or iOS / device and OS info.

Highlighted
Tourist

I bought hero 7 black and now I have a lot of 2.7k and 4k videos. Also I have modern android smartphone which can edit 4k videos fast using quik or gopro app.
Why maximum resolution for export is 1080p? Are you stuck in 2008 ?
Highlighted
Hiker

Exactly these clowns are stuck on android 4 and windows 7. It's absurd to think they failed to put at least a min output of 1080p 60fps as an option like quik. If you're going to stop supporting quik then you need to fix the resolution output to higher standards with options. It's not like it affects GoPro in any way, you guys need to get it together.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Wow. CLOWNS!!! I bought a Hero8 Black last year. I'm finally getting to edit a bunch of the videos that I shot at 4k. I spent hours and hours and hours editing some of my videos with their app over the last few days. Now, I export my *4k* video edit and it exports it as 683x384 !!???!!! What is the complete ridiculousness is this!? This is the epitome of frustration!! What did I even pay for!? How can this be real!? Your app doesn't have an "export resolution" setting?! I'm flummoxed. I'm so upset right now that I seriously want to smash my gopro. UGH!!!! Great software you guys put together but YOU FORGOT YOUR ONE JOB!!!!!! UGH!!! I don't even know what I'm going to do now other than just cry for a day. *baffled*

Highlighted
Sightseer

Also, can you please make this stupid

"Tell us what you think
After your visit, can you take a brief survey and tell us how we did?"

popup out of my face on this website!? Wow. It keeps popping up over and over and over and it's everywhere. How annoying. You guys hire only 17 year olds for your site maintenance or what!?
Highlighted
GoPro

@grandpeak44024 
Currently here's what you have when you export a multi-clip edit (Story with several videos):
- On Android it's 1080p/60fps in output.
- On iOS we take the resolution of the most media in your Story (so if you have a majority of 4K media, output will be 4K)

When you work on single media edit, the resolution is unchanged.

Highlighted
Tourist

no. it is not. it only says it's 1080p. but it looks like 480p upscaled to 1080p. quality is awfuf. I also think I wasted my time using the app.