Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro Quik - Speedometer MPH

[ New ]

Hi, recently I've received the GoPro Hero 10 Black, and I've tried the Quik mobile app, and unfortunately I can't add the Speedometer in kmh format, only just in mph format. I've changed the Timezone to my country timezone, and I've changed in the language from United States\English to Romania\English, but still nothing changed.

Honestly when I've recorded the video, the timezone was set to Kairo and the language to United States\English, maybe the speedometer speed format depends on the recorded video settings, not on the application settings?

Could you please anyone help me with some advice? :)

gopro.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Quik - Speedometer MPH

[ New ]

@sunnyogosanyi 

Hi,

Sorry for the complicated steps for you, we have a ticket in our backlog to have the mph / kmph option in the app settings so that it's not in phone settings. It probably won't be done just yet as we have lots of other things to do before :( but at least we are aware of this and want to fix it in the future.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sunnyogosanyi

It's dependent on the region your phone is set up in. 

Changing the region (in the time and date settings) of your phone should help. 

What phone are you using?

To further isolate this, see if the same happens with another device.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for your reply! :)

I am using a Mi 11 phone, and the region is set to Romania, an in this country we are using the kmh format, so this settings is ok. But I've tried to change the phone language from English(United States) to Romana(Romania) and now I can use the kmh format instead of the mph format. So it looks like, the format depends on the phone language, not just on the phone region.

But unfortunately this is just a half solution, because I would like to use the phone in English, so I think I have to raise this issue to developers of the Quik application.

Could you please try this settings you too? Maybe this is my phone issue, not the Quick app problem.

Have a nice day,

Sandor

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sunnyogosanyi

We'll have this shared with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Wow, thank you very much! 😀
GoPro

[ New ]

@sunnyogosanyi 

Hi,

Sorry for the complicated steps for you, we have a ticket in our backlog to have the mph / kmph option in the app settings so that it's not in phone settings. It probably won't be done just yet as we have lots of other things to do before :( but at least we are aware of this and want to fix it in the future.

Tourist

[ New ]
It's Ok. I am a software developer too, so I know the background of a new modification. I will wait for the new feature, until that I will change the language temporary to use the kmph format. Thank you for your support and for the fast responses!