Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Max is a Nightmare!!!!

I'm trying to connect my GoPro Max to a brand-new Samsung A50:

Install the GoPro app

Went through connect steps on the Max

App says it has found the Max

Max says connection successful

Then app says there was an error, retry, etc

Sometimes the app says that the Max is using 5.8 Ghz (which isn't even an option) even though the Max is using 2.4 Ghz

In short, I am going round in circles

Does anyone from GoPro read these posts, or care?!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max is a Nightmare!!!!

@itsdendy @jaws75 

Sorry about the frustration.
Version 6.2.2 is now available on the PlayStore - also 6.2.3 is coming up next. We're focused o bug fixing, stability improvement.

6.2.3 will also have the transitions settings for 360 footage and better support for A50 connectivity.

Note that some users have mentionned that a Samsung update has fix the problem. See here https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Samsung-A50-A-Christmas-Miracle-it-works/m-p/43...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @jaws75. This maybe due to the Bluetooth of the A50. Based on the Android OS that you have, your device supports the latest version of the GoPro App. Our team is looking into the issue to see what can be done to establish some form of connectivity with the Samsung A50 phone.  We will keep you posted. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for response. However, even if I manage to get 360 footage onto the Samsung A50 (by uploading to Cloud from the GoPro Max, then downloading from Cloud to the phone), and do reframing in the app, when I try to render, the app hangs forever at 0%. So it looks like there is no way for me to ever do reframing of 360 footage?

Highlighted
Hiker

I also have render issues, I am using Xiaomi Mi9, I managed to succesfuly render 1 video from many 360 files, but after that, most of the render stuck forever on 45% or 55%.

I read that the team is working on an update and I really hope they can fix this bug.

Best regards,

Dendy

Highlighted
GoPro

@itsdendy @jaws75 

Sorry about the frustration.
Version 6.2.2 is now available on the PlayStore - also 6.2.3 is coming up next. We're focused o bug fixing, stability improvement.

6.2.3 will also have the transitions settings for 360 footage and better support for A50 connectivity.

Note that some users have mentionned that a Samsung update has fix the problem. See here https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Samsung-A50-A-Christmas-Miracle-it-works/m-p/43...