Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Max - black screen on iPhone for 360° videos

I just made sure I have the latest version. It reports 6.11 (3659). I have gone through every setting in my iPhone, comparing it with my wife’s and I can’t ever get it to playback 360 videos. I did have an accessibility setting turned on to reduce motion. I turned that off and rebooted my phone, but that didn’t help. I know I’m not the only one. I’d love to help you figure this out. What else can I try?
Highlighted
GoPro

@utahdrone 

Sorry about that, we've had mention of this issue before however we did not manage to ever reproduce this problem in-house making it hard to fix. I will try to know more.

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can you please send an email to mobile-feedback@gopro.com

Subject Line: GoPro MAX Help

And answer the following questions:

• Are you able to view/playback Hero Mode (2D) videos/photos either from the camera or once downloaded to the app on your phone?
  • Do you have a GoPro account, if so, what is the email you used to log-into it?
  • How much free space do you have on your device?
  • Any other video or editing software apps on your phone?

Once you send us an email, we will reply back shortly.
Thank you!
GoPro

Highlighted
Tourist

- Yes, I can playback 2D videos just fine. The 360 videos playback without error, there is just a black screen. Here's a screencapture video of me opening up a 360 video I recorded with my MAX: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RfNJrYimAnSqoC8B9

- Yes, I have a GoPro account. The email is ed718****@hotmail.com. Yes, I am logged in with that account in the GoPro app.

- I've got 30 GB of free space on my iPhone. I've tried short and long videos. I always get the same result.

- Yes, other apps I use on my phone for taking and editing video include: Splice, Youtube, Camera+, Orange Cam, Videosport, Vidometer, iMovie, and Videoshop.

Highlighted
Tourist

iPhone / iPad

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

SOLVES THE FOLLOWING ISSUE

Gopro Max/Fusion

360 Video
Preview Camera Content or Imported Video to the iPhone/iPad
BLACK VIDEO SCREEN / AUDIO OK
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I decided to try resetting all settings on my phone and... it worked! I can now see the 360 degree video!

Now I just have to go through and reconfigured preferences on my phone and setup all my credit cards in Apple Pay again. I'll try to check the video as I'm changing settings to see if there is something that breaks it along the way.

Highlighted
Tourist

SOLUTION !!!
SOLUTION !!!
SOLUTION !!!

iPhone / iPad
Settings >
General >
Reset >
Reset All Settings
SOLVES THE FOLLOWING ISSUE