Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max - black screen on iPhone for 360° videos

Hi Soenke, Sorry to hear that. Know that 6.8 will be released very soon (waiting on Apple's approval) hopefully this will help and we will go from there.
Highlighted
Tourist

Is there a fix in place for the issue Soenke has previously described?

I have a brand new MAX and am experiencing the same issue when trying to download Media (full res) from the camera to the App, I can preview and see it fine but then just a black screen (with audio) when i download the RAW file.

I've tried all the steps previously mentioned on the thread and even went out and bought a new $30 SD Card, still nothing.

What's perplexing is that I've previously/successfully downloaded 360 footage to the Media center without any issue, this just came up about 1 week after getting the camera and capturing 360 footage.

Im also able to download RAW, non-360 video and photos without this issue happening, its just 360 files...

Thanks for any help, maybe my camera hardware is shot and I got a lemon??

Best
Chris

Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same problem today. I had to delete the video and redownload it directly from the camera. I find the cloud upload unreliable at best. I havent found where they moved the snapshot button where you can grab a thumbnail while editing.

Highlighted
Tourist

I found another work around. If you get the black screen back out of the video to the grid style thumbnails then reenter the video and it will play.

Highlighted
Tourist

iPhone / iPad

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

SOLVES THE FOLLOWING ISSUE

Gopro Max/Fusion

360 Video 

Preview Camera Content or Imported Video to the iPhone/iPad

BLACK VIDEO SCREEN / AUDIO OK

Highlighted
Tourist

iPhone / iPad

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

SOLVES THE FOLLOWING ISSUE

Gopro Max/Fusion

360 Video
Preview Camera Content or Imported Video to the iPhone/iPad
BLACK VIDEO SCREEN / AUDIO OK
Highlighted
Tourist

I have had the same issue ever since I purchased the max. it doesn’t matter where the 360 video comes from. I can download one or I can record one, I just got a black screen with the sound when I play it back on my iPhone 11 Pro. I have submitted a ticket and followed up with GoPro many times; they have not been able to do anything for me. I have shown them screen captures from my phone and can always reproduce the issue. The only thing I can do to actually view or edit 360° video is to borrow my wife’s iPhone 11... but she doesn’t have very much storage on her device. This basically makes my go Pro Max a paperweight. :(

I can’t reset all of the settings on my phone because I use my phone for lots of things. if there is a particular app or setting that go pro doesn’t like, I need to know what it is.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @utahdrone. Have you been able to update the version of the GoPro App on your iPhone since the last time that you interacted with Support? Which version of the GoPro App is installed on your phone now? Make sure to update to the latest version, then restart your phone after the update. 

Check as well if there are power-saving or animation settings on your phone that may be preventing the media to playback correctly. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!