Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro Max Rendering issue on Android

I recently purchased the GoPro Max and I'm very upset to find that there is no windows software yet for editing. But most of all you can't even export and save your video that's been edited in the Android app. It stops the rendering around 22%. I've troubleshooted everything clear caches and rebooted phones and still no luck. When is GoPro going to fix this? I may just have to return this camera and buy an insta 360.

GoPro

Re: GoPro Max Rendering issue on Android

@foggydusk53823, sorry to hear about the trouble. Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices. For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users. Rest assured, we are planning to add the same level of features for Windows as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player.

As for the GoPro App on your mobile device, please ensure to have the latest version of the app installed. Then clear cache on the app (phone) settings (just clear cache and not clear data) and restart your phone. If the issue persists, can you please provide us your mobile device's model and OS installed?

Thank you for your patience as we work through this and for being a GoPro customer.

Sightseer

Samsung Note 9 SM-N960U
OS Android version 9
Already did everything you suggested without any success. Now what do you suggest?
Explorer

The issue is most likely coming from your phone. InstaOne X most likely wont be any better. For all of the great cameras Samsung uses, for what ever reason they use limited video decoders. GoPro is aware of this and have been actively working to improve the app performance on Samsung devices. See if you can sign up for the Beta version of the app.

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf

Android: Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty

If you have issues, join this Facebook group and ask for help ANDROID GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta
GoPro

@foggydusk53823 Sorry for the trouble.

We've just updated GoPro App Android to 6.4.1.

Are you trying to render a 360 which you've added keyframes to? correct?

I suppose you've checked phone space?

Is it a big file? What if you try with another file, a shorter one maybe? Just to see if this can be isolated to one particular file or if it's the same regardless of the file.

Also - could you try with another device?

Thank you

As @danielr15 suggested you can sign up for the beta if you're interested, when a new version is availble you can get it before it's in production and it usually fixes lots of issues (+ new features coming too) 

Sightseer

New update does nothing. I have 40 GB space for a small clip of 2 minutes. Signed up for beta but no response yet. Really frustrated.
GoPro

Hi, @foggydusk53823 

I've added you to the beta now.

If you want, please ask to join this FB group: ANDROID GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta

it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc... I share latest news on beta there as well.
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.

Currently the beta = the production version, when the new beta is ready it will be shared.

Tourist

Bonjour, je suis sur un redmi note 8 et tout fonctionne bien (montage, rendu) par contre moi j'ai un souci de prévisualisation de la vidéo en 360...) j'ai des gros lag et même l'images coupé en 2 avec de gros pixel...) donc impossible de prévisualiser en direct la 360.