Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Max 360 video rendering problem

I am having the same issue I had before on my Huawei P30. Did a clean reset of everything and yeah the new update
Screenshot_20200916_094253_com.gopro.smarty.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

@philipo62388 @genie577 @theolivermcg @mkirkman @mttech 

Quick question - who from you are trying to edit a 360 file that comes from the Cloud instead of in App straight from camera?

It seems like @mkirkman right? Maybe some other are experiecing this?

Another user told me this > "I probably solved! I downloaded the files on the GoPro APP directly from the MAX instead of the Cloud and now everything works! I think it was a cloud upload problem."

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm still try this method tonight, but unfortunately the footage I am having issue with was cleared from my SD card to make room, so now it's just unusable? I deleted my entire trip with my daughter with the impression it was in the cloud and could be downloaded to the app for rendering no problem.

Highlighted
Tourist

*I'll
- part of the reason I paid for GoPro Plus was for the cloud storage and now anything I put in there will be useless? Or is there a way around?
Highlighted
Tourist

For any iPhone users, update to iOS 14! Just ran through the following and all worked:

• Direct from camera to app - keyframed and exported succesfully 52sec clip
  • Direct from camera to app - keyframes and exported succesfully ~5min clip
  • from Cloud to app - keyframed and exported succesfully 52sec clip
  • from Cloud to app - keyframes and exported succesfully ~5min clip

Still debating on just swapping to a Hero9, but I'm glad I can use my vids!

Android users, be sure to try a clean install of the app.

Highlighted
Tourist

Each footage that i have tried to edit has been downladed from camera and not the cloud. 

In fact i am able to edit the footage on my mac book laptop. The problem is editing on the mobile app on HUAWEI P30 LITE. it does not support overcapture and it does not render. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Downloading iOS 14 and will report back later, fingers crossed!! Sorry to hear it’s not just Cloud related... but hopefully a few updates will get us all back to 360ing!
Highlighted
GoPro

@theolivermcg 

Well I'm glad to heart that you've managed your exports! Were those media which you couldn't render before or are those new media???

@mkirkman

I'm following up on the bugs that I've raised, I did share your Cloud media, hopefully the team will find something.

@philipo62388 the problem you are experiencing could be device related 

GoPro MAX and Fusion are compatible with Android devices running Android 8.0, that support OpenGL ES 3.1 or higher. While specific device implementations vary from one manufacturer to another, recommended device chipsets include:
  • Kirin 980 and newer
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and newer
  • Exynos 9810 and newer

When checking your phone on gsm arena I'm seeing that the chipset is less good than what we recommend > https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p30_lite-9545.php - Being Kirin 710