Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Max 360 video rendering problem

Came back hoping to see a positive update... then went for my daily render attempt on a short clip, and saw this friendly reminder
812A2281-C026-4CA9-9E45-21E122C7FD9F.png
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for those details and ironically, I am using the same exact devices with approximately the same amount of free space on each device. I have also tried a MacBook Pro that is only a few years (3) old with the same results. The only work around I have currently is to cut ANY and ALL files down to 55 sec or less each. That is the only way I can render. Obviously, this is a challenge since I have to keep detailed time code notes on what I cut down and when I cut it. To add complexity, I can only have up to 3 frame adjustments per file. Any more than that basically crashes the rendering process. 

My wife bought me this camera for Xmas 2019 and up until March, I had no issues with rendering files of any size or length. I just don't understand why now. My best guess is the software....If GOPRO is going to have a mobile editing platform for this camera I would hope that they fix these issues. My experience with the ONE X software is that it does not have these issues. Ive used GoPro for years and expect some challenges with new cameras but not to this extent. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I can’t even get a file down to 20 seconds with little to no key frames
Highlighted
Tourist

I appreciate the response. I am using an 2019 IPhone XS MAX 256gb with 100 Gb free -  2020 IPAD PRO 11in with 256GB and 128GB free - 2017 MacBook Pro 2.7ghz I5 256gb - with 80 gb free. All with the same results. Im not convinced that its my hardware or my "chipset" since I had 3 months of rendering 360 videos with no problem prior to the last update. I just tried to render files on an associates brand new Mac Pro 2020 with a 16core Xeon 4.4ghz  32gb of RAM and a Radeon W5700X GPU......same results. If a $15000 machine struggles than I struggle to understand how you have no issues on an IPhone X. Thank you

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone. We appreciate all the details that you have provided regarding the issue. Our team has tried to replicate the situation but did not encounter the same issue that you described. A 1.5-minute long (for testing only) video with 7 keyframes was rendered successfully. 

As there could be so many possible ways that reframing or rendering could be done, we'd like to get as many details as we can to exactly reproduce the environment where the issue was observed. 

Will you be able to provide us your workflow? A step by step guide will be greatly helpful. If you can post a screen recording showing what happens when you render would be much better. You may upload the clip to Youtube or Dropbox or Google Drive and post a link here. 

Many thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

It looks like the experience you are having is with your specific media, not the application (since all platforms are failing). Can you please send us the original .360 file you are trying to render? https://www.dropbox.com/request/UYxK8Wms5fkmt3wJDnZj

If it is corrupt media, your SD card might be the issue. Can you also give us the model of your SD card?
Highlighted
Tourist

Myself and many others can’t get a single thing done and it’s been weeks. I really hope GoPro has a team working around the clock to resolve this issue. I’ve been stuck unable to do anything and it’s very frustrating. If you are reading this and responsible for responding, I’ve posted above and there’s nothing I can do but sit and wait.
Highlighted
Tourist

Just uploaded one file out of many that I have across 5 SD cards including the card that came with the MAX. Let me know if that helps.

Thank you

PM