Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Max 360 video rendering problem

GoPro Max, 6.18.1, iOS 13.6
This is happening to 360 videos while they are rendering. I think a regular video worked fine but I cleared my camera and cloud trying to fix this thinking it was space, which I have plenty of on my phone. While the percentage is going up, somewhere along the way I get the error message, even when trying to do very small segments to try and get it to just export something.
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the details. @mkirkman

If you have access to another device, kindly test if you will be able to work with the 360 files.

We'll have this shared with the team for further checking.

We'll post back for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I have had issue on 3 iOS devices and my MacBook Pro. I’ve tried everything. Cutting the videos down to one minute with not keystones even. Nothing works. I’ve tried 24fps and 60fps. I’ve downloaded from the memory card and the plus portal. Nothing works. Its been months since I could render any video. All software and firmware is current. Really frustrating. It makes the camera useless. It will start the process of rendering and the says there is a problem. See attached.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @pmdrummer. Will you be able to post or send the attachment? We do not see any attachment to your previous post. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Oops didn’t realize. Thank you. See attached.
IMG_0056.PNG
Highlighted
Tourist

I spoke with a GoPro support person yesterday via chat. They were trying to be helpful but by the end of the conversation they basically said that if I cut all my files down to 30 sec or less than I would be able to render. I spent all afternoon yesterday trying this and unfortunately it only worked once out of 10 files. The only other input support had was to try to edit via Adobe premier. Unfortunately if I can’t export the RAW .360 file to another format then I can’t edit in anything in Adobe. I also tried windows to try to export these files with no success. So at this point I guess I will have to use the Max in standard camera mode and not in 360, which is why I bought the camera.
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Sorry about that @pmdrummer
The fact that you already had a talk with support tells me that I may not be able to help much more. I don't know the devices that you used but 360 being a heavy format it could be that your device isn't performant enough. I personally do 360 editing only on an iPhone X.
Same thing with Android, it requires a certain chipset to work.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have been using an iPhone XS Max 256GB (with about 180GB free) and as you know (I started this thread) I (still) can't get a clip longer than about a minute to render without the oops something went wrong message. 

To save you asking again, I'm using iOS 13.6.1, the GoPro app v 6.18.1 on my iPhone XS Max (MT532B/A) (rendering also doesn't work on my 10.5" iPad Pro (MPHG2B/A) running iPadOS 13.6.1, the latest version of your app and I have about 100GB of 256GB free). Whilst these are not the latest models, they offer almost the same performance as the current models and should be able to run this software with ease. I haven't had any problems with other apps some of which are very resource intensive. 

As the manufacturer of a "premium" product surely you can do better than this. All your advertising is based on how easy it is to produce edited, rendered videos using mobile apps. When I first posted about the issues I was having, I thought it was just me but it seems widespread on both iOS and Android. I can't be alone in thinking that this really isn't good enough.