Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max 360 video rendering problem

Hi,
I just tested on beta 6.16 to render a keyframes 360 video on my iPhone X and it was working well.
However it was a 40 sec file - 5.6k 30 fps - so far from a 24 minutes file for sure.
Highlighted
Tourist

The issue is with Android phones. I borrowed an iphone to render my videos and the app (version 6.15) worked just fine.

So people for now the only solution for Android users is to borrow an iPhone to do your work. :)

Hopefully the android issue will be solved soon!

Highlighted
GoPro

Yes, the 360 rendering issue is on Android - the Team is on it and we will have a fix very soon!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

We have just released an update for the GoPro App on Android.
This should take care of the error.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I am having this exact issue now on both Ipad Pro and Iphone.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @mttech. Do you have the latest version of the App installed? Also, which OS version is your devices running on? 

Is the issue true with all 360 media? Does the resolution setting matter? There are troubleshooting steps here that will help resolve the issue. Have a go at them and let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Latest App,

Latest IOS and Latest IPAD OS

Brand new GoPro Max With latest firmware.

It seems anything over 8-10 minutes causing this issue.

Unacceptable issue, i would have thought you guys would have tested this in development, also STILL no Live capability for 360 video

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @mttech. I'm also using an iOS mobile device (iOS 13.5.1) and unable to replicate the issue on my end. I recorded a 10-minute MAX 360 video, with 5.6K 30FPS video resolution, then downloaded it to the GoPro App (v6.18). Since the media was chaptered, it saved two segments; 8:02mins and 1:57mins video.

Anyhow, I was able to reframe then render the media into the app and save it into my local Photos folder.

Image from iOS.png

Additionally, we have recently released v6.18 version of the GoPro App. If you haven't installed this update yet, please make sure to get the latest version of the app.

If you continue to experience issues with rendering your 360 media, we'd like to gather a few more details to help us isolate the problem. Could you please tell us your workflow, video resolution used, iOS version, and the GoPro App version installed?

You may also share with us a screenshot or screen recording showing the issue so we can look further into the details.

As for 360 live streaming to social platforms, we appreciate your feedback and hear your concerns. We'll relay this information to the team in charge.