Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro Max 360 media Is appearing black after downloading it to the app

[ New ]
Hi, I have used my GoPro today and filmed in both normal hero mode and 360. I have them launched the app and viewed the videos. After trimming the videos and downloading them to the app the appear in my downloaded tab but only as a black video with sound. The normal hero videos worked fine though. I am baffled as I have never had this issue before and always edited my 360 videos in app.

See screen shots below. Any solutions would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Callum.
A713FC90-186C-49C6-AB4D-3B39269F58B0.png

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Max 360 media Is appearing black after downloading it to the app

[ New ]
Hi,

If you are trying to select several media to make a Story, it won't work with those media: Photo Bursts, 5K, 4K 4:3 and 360 cannot be added for a Story / multi-clip edit. You can edit them individually but not in a story.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rapiddusk2520

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App on Android.

Make sure to restart your phone after the update.

It will also be best if you can share some sample files.

Can you also help us with the following information: SD card, camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, I am not on Android.

SD card: Sandisk Ultra 64GB Micro SD XC 1
Camera version: 1.5
App Version: 7.0.1
Phone: iPhone X
OS version: 13.7
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rapiddusk2520

Ultra cards are not recommended to be used with GoPro cameras. They may work initially but they are observed to cause issues with the camera eventually. It is best to use one of the recommended cards on the list here:

SD Cards that Work with GoPro Cameras

Once you have access to a recommended card, make sure to run the update manually.

https://gopro.com/en/us/update/max

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Whilst I appreciate the point that there are better SD cards out there, I am still no further forward with regards to not being able to download the media and edit 360 media in the app. Are you saying that the media is not retrievable and uneditable on the app as a result of the SD card?

Here is another screenshot of a message I receive when trying to download the media.

Thanks,
Callum.
5CBAEC8D-C6F3-4AC4-8EC1-4B9F1301BB41.png
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

If you are trying to select several media to make a Story, it won't work with those media: Photo Bursts, 5K, 4K 4:3 and 360 cannot be added for a Story / multi-clip edit. You can edit them individually but not in a story.