Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

GoPro MAX Reframe - Rotation Bug/Issue - Help?

[ New ]

When I reframe my 360 videos, taken with the GoPro MAX, I'm having problems with that the app is rotating the content as I drag to move the frame (reframing). For me it feels like the app is moving and rotating the frame when the expected outcome to move the frame while keeping the horizon leveled. The result is videos where the horizon is not perfectly leveled. Not good! Smiley Mad

Also enabling the Horizon leveleing doesnt seem to do anything.

When using the GoPro Viewer on Windows the reframing works as expcted. But on both Andoid and IOS I have problem described above.

Am I missing something? There must be others out there that having the same problem?

Screenshot_20201102-160102.png
GoPro

Re: GoPro MAX Reframe - Rotation Bug/Issue - Help?

[ New ]

Hello, @kimb31666, Have you been able to reframe MAX on the same device before? Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Does it meet the requirements for 360 Media Support in the GoPro App

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi,
I use both IOS and Android. Ipad (7th gen) and Pixel 3a.
The problem is not with the render, it's when using the app and the reframing feature.

Are you not having the same issue?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kimb31666

We'll have this shared with the team.

What version of the GoPro App is on the iPad? How about on the Android phone?

Would you be able to share a screencast/recording of the issue?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
My Pixel 3a won't let me record the screen while reframing.
But the photo I uploaded shows the problem. The horizon i not leveled, no matter if I press the horizon-level-button or not. The only way is to manually rotate the image and guess where the image get leveled.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update @kimb31666

We'll get back to you on this thread.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi, @kimb31666

I am wondering if you could share with us this file, the source file > .360 that is, via a dropbox link for example? As you wish.

Also important question : how were you holding the camera as this could play a role as well in this issue.
We have an issue reported that footage isn't levelled if camera is held above you at a 45 degrees angle. Would that describe your use case?
Hiker

[ New ]
Sure I can share a 360-file if you want.
How do you want to receive it?

The camera is typically attached to a selfie-stick. And I hold the stick straight up.
But as it is a 360-camera, its possible to shoot and angle the camera the way you want. Then after you reframe to your liking.

Can you recreate my issue? It should be possible with any 360-file.