Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro MAX - Can't render 360 movie

After cutting and editing the 360 video views, I can't render the video (saving it in the app). I tried several times, with different videos. I tried uninstalling the application from my phone but the problem persists. The notification message is as follows: "Let's try again: a problem occurs when rendering the video." I hope you can help me, thank you!

Screenshot_20200706-194802.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro MAX - Can't render 360 movie

Hi @federicar26270

What phone/OS version are you using?

Do you experience the same when trimming regular videos?

Please try clearing the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the quick reply, I use HCT M9 with Android 7.

I tried your suggestions but (as in the screenshot) the problem persists..

Screenshot_20200707-165737.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @federicar26270

Can you help us with the following information: Camera version, GoPro App version, phone and OS version. 

Do you have access to another phone?

Would you be able to test if the same happens?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ej,
I tried with another Android smartphone but I could not download the video because the mobile phone memory was insufficient.

Since it was not my phone, I could not delete the data.

On my mobile phone, the problem persists.

Camera version: GoPro MAX
GoPro App Version: 6.16.1(9239)
Phone: HTC ONE M9

OS version: Android 7.0

Thanks,

Federica

Highlighted
GoPro

MAX is a premium camera with very high resolution video capabilities. This takes a lot of processing power to run on a phones video player and doesn’t always play nice with all phones. Even newer phones that might have older chipsets which is very common in Android can struggle with processing 5k and 3k video.Have you tried shooting in 3k60 and then editing in the app? This is less processing intensive than the 5k video mode and is more likely to work with your phone.Please note GoPro does offer a free editing solution for 360 on Mac computers which you can use and install today.https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Player/ta-p/413305We are currently working on a windows version you can join the beta here https://www.facebook.com/groups/658475918284901/#_=_These are the hardware recommendations we have for Android users on app using 360 cameras.Chipsets on phone:
  • Kirin 980 or newer
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or newer
  • Exynos 9810 or newer

It seems like your phone is a bit lower Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 (20 nm) 

https://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m9-6891.php