Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Live to Facebook quits in the middle of my stream.

I have a Hero8 Black and we are doing Live Spin sessions in our basement on Facebook. At around the 45min mark the Live session quits and we have to start a whole new live session right from the connection to the gopro. Our Wifi is good and we are close to the router. Only once it has worked for a full 1hr plus. I have tried it with saving the file to the camera and I have tried without saving the file to the camera. I think it was the time without saving to the camera that made it through the whole session. Is there something obvious that i am missing? a setting? possibly something with facebook video lengths?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Live to Facebook quits in the middle of my stream.

Hello, @keitha58137. There is no setting in the app that could limit or could adjust the duration of the live stream. The interruption could be attributed more to factors including power supply to the camera, or interference of interruption in the Internet connection. 

Do you recall if there was any error message on the app or the camera when the feed got interrupted? How was your setup? Was the camera or the phone connected to a power source? Did you notice the camera getting hot while live streaming? 

Highlighted
Tourist

So we have the Gopro Hero8 plugged in to the USB during the live stream. We use our Ipad and it has plenty of charge before and after the 1.5hr session. There was no error before or during in the App or on the camera back screen. The wifi signal does appear to be excellent when we view it from the app. Yes I do notice that the camera is hot during live streaming. I believed that to be from running for a long time while plugged into the power source. I thought it could have been my internet service provider however there doesnt seem to be any other devices being kicked from the internet in the house. That being said most other devices will auto reconnect. The camera boots us out of the live session. The app doesnt shut down but we do have to go back and re connect the camera to the app and start the live session all over again including resolution settings, audience settings and save to the camera. I was wondering if when the camera is saving the chunks of the full video if it was causing a brain fart and dropping the connection. We are working around it however our audience is less than pleased.

The app runs well on our Ipad air pro but is there a compatibility issue with certain Devices. The ipad provides a perfect size screen to see audience comments during sessions.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @keitha58137

This issue has been shared with the team and we are waiting for new updates.

In the meantime, you may stream via RTMP.

See How to live stream from your GoPro  for reference.

Thanks!

Ej