Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro Hero / white wi fi linking not working

[ New ]

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 11.47.33 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-08-23 at 11.47.33.jpeg

Hello!

I have serious troubles liinking my Hero 7 white to the GoPro app. The camera is recognized when I do the association, but when trying to recover the media a window appears "searching for the device to use with GoPro" and then I encounter an error message which says: "The application has canceled the request to choose a device". I tried to delete the wi fi and bluetooth associations, as far as the connections on the camera. The firwmare is updated to the last version. I have a OnePlus 6T and it always worked without problems. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero / white wi fi linking not working

[ New ]

Hello, @pizzoo. Make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. Try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @pizzoo. Make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. Try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

In questo modo effettivamente si riesce a trasferire i file, grazie del consiglio.

Spero in un aggiornamento della Hero7 o dell'app di GoPro che risolvi il problema. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I was having the same problems with my OnePlug 6T, almost always having connection problems. Manually conncting to the GoPro fixes it.