Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro Hero 9 Black GPS Data

[ New ]

Struggling to believe that GoPro make such a fuss about the ability of their camera yet their App doesn't support the newer models for GPS to allow stickers to be added. What on earth do we pay for and the subscription??? VERY disappointed.

Have seen third party apps that claim to fix this so if they can do it why can't gopro?

GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 9 Black GPS Data

[ New ]

@opmtb, the GPS stickers are available for the HERO9 Black in the GoPro Quik app on mobile devices. For further details, see GoPro Quik: How To View Stickers.

In addition, to record GPS data, your GoPro needs to lock onto a GPS satellite signal. Check out this article for more information.

Tourist

[ New ]

I know the stickers are in the App but it won't let me attach them to the footage (apart from the GoPro logo - Going through the forums, and following the directions does not work and there are multiple threads stating the stickers do not work with GoPro 9 Black unless you use a 3rd party mod at an additional cost of 42 euros!

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi, @opmtb

Stickers / GPS Stickers can be added when you edit a single media - not in Story mode.

Know that for now if you save a media with a sticker to the app and then select it to make a multi-clip edit, it will not have the sticker. You have to first SAVE TO PHONE, then import it from there for the sticker to be displayed.
That way the sticker is actually "burnt" onto the video. Otherwise it's just a layer that you can add and remove.

If you can't display stickers that require GPS data in Quik App it may be because the footage doesn't have data that are precise enough. Sometimes the GPS is locked then signal is lost and back on again, when this happens the data isn't reliable enough to use it in the stickers.
Check GPS signal on the camera make sure it's locked/activated (GPS pin icon is white not grey) before filming.
So first turn camera on (so no Quick Capture) and wait a bit for signal to be ok (it can take some time) and then start shooting. GPS will work best when outdoor.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hey haindash,

Thanks for the advice. First time I tried I'd used quikcapture and also didn't download to phone. However, have tried since making sure the GPS icon is white and then making sure the footage qwas downloaded to the phone but still says "not supported" or something like that.

Next time I'll leave the gps a little longer and will note the exact message I get is it doesn't work.

Cheers

OPMTB

GoPro

[ New ]

Yes it's best to not user QuikCapture in that case and to wait before filming, also it can be that depending on where you are the GPS can work on and off if reception isn't great you see. So it can be a bit tricky.