Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro Hero 8 Black - Burst problem

[ New ]
I've tried to do some burst photos on the camera, the settings were - burst rate 10/3s and RAW output. When I tried to open the photos in the GoPro Quik app on my phone most of the photos would not load, although I can see them on my Gopro.
Screenshot_20210503-112338.jpg
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 8 Black - Burst problem

[ New ]
Hi,
Sorry about that, it seems like those files are corrupt / broken.
I've seen this with some videos of mine just yesterday. The black thumbnail isn't a good sign, sorry :(
Tourist

[ New ]
haindash thanks for the reply, it's the first time that happened to me and I've had this camera for about a year now...
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry about that, you can also check the media on the computer, take the SD card out, put it in a SD card reader and check that on your computer to see if the files are ok? But if you can't view them at all, it's not a good sign. 
It happened to me already with some HERO9 videos, just black thumbnail, got nothing to take from it.

Tourist

[ New ]

This happens sometimes with my Hero 8. Always in Burst mode.

Both jpeg and RAW photos are intact, and I have already checked and also changed the micro SD. However, what is detected by the Quik app in these chaos are the RAW images that are not possible to see on the cell phone. You can also download them.

I believe it is some kind of bug because this problem arises when I ask for Burst by voice command or by pressing the camera button. It never came when I asked for Burst for the app or smart remote.

GoPro

[ New ]
Ooooh so I'm understanding now, SORRY.
You said - burst rate 10/3s and RAW output -
Thanks @georgearaujo for enlightening me.
Ok so there are RAW photos and as you said @georgearaujo - it seems that there's an issue and Quik doesn't see / take into account the correct jpeg element.
The camera takes both a RAW and a JPEG and the app shows / should show the JPEG as we don't support the RAW

So I've been testing this lots on my HERO9 - burst rate 10/3s and RAW output, voice command - for now it's all displayed correctly.

So @davidh83672 did you check the files in your computer? Maybe they are just fine. If you take them RAW then in any case you can only edit your RAW file on the computer since Quik can't edit it.
GoPro

[ New ]
AH!!!

I just reproduced the issue!!! I have a black thumbnail :) (All 30 I did before didn't but now yes!)
Checking the file via SD card on computer, it's all there (GPR and JPG) so at least you know your file isn't lost, good point!

Let's see if I can report that!

Thanks guys!
Tourist

[ New ]

Very good!! Fortunately I was able to be clear to help you reproduce the situation. Even though the "black files" are there, I can still open them on my cell phone.

However, it is a complicated step by step: download Raw for Quik app, then touch it and ask to share it externally, then share it with the google / apple cloud then share it with Adobe Lightroom. LOL!