Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 7 video shows on camera screen but won't show or download to computer or app

On a GoPro Hero 7, My videos from this weekend play on camera screen, but do not appear when connected to app or computer.  Older videos do appear on app/computer, but not the new videos.  Help please!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 video shows on camera screen but won't show or download to computer or app

Hi @snowysurf08736,

Can you please try this?

Turn on your camera before connecting it to your computer. 

Open GoPro Quik then check all your files manually. 

Some of them might have incorrect time and date. 

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 7 video shows on camera screen but won't show or download to computer or app

Jay,

That did not fix the issue.  I tried taking the SD card out and inserting that into my computer.  The files do not appear to be on the SD card either.  However, they still do play back on the camera. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @snowysurf08736. It is odd for the files to be viewable on the camera and not on the computer. Were those files of regular recording? Which SD card are you using? Is it among the recommended SD cards