Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 7 App connection problems Android

Hi, don't know about Apple-phones/tablets, but in Android-devices, if you use your phone as a hotspot, you cannot have wi-fi "on" at the same time, which means that the connection to GoPro cuts off. So for live streaming "on-the-go" with Android-device, one should actually have two devices; one used as a hotspot and other connected to GoPro via GoPro App.

If I'm wrong or there's a solution, how to do it otherwise, I'll be glad to know (among other Anroid users, I quess).

Sightseer

Huawei mate 20 pro... Impossible to connect... Tried all the solutions mentioned.... It's clearly an app problem... I do jeeping.. Camera is outside the car so I need to be able to control it... It connects only as new connection... Works for 2 to 5 minutes... Then app looses connection and then it reconnects if it wants after reloading 2-3 times the app... Or closing and reconnecting to wifi... Or stopping to the side of the road and start new pairing all over again.... Or even removing battery because the camera stays open but does not respond to any touch or button.... I am totaly disappointed and the problem was that I really had high expectations from this product... 

Sightseer

Huawei mate 20 pro... Impossible to connect... Tried all the solutions mentioned.... It's clearly an app problem... I do jeeping.. Camera is outside the car so I need to be able to control it... It connects only as new connection... Works for 2 to 5 minutes... Then app looses connection and then it reconnects if it wants after reloading 2-3 times the app... Or closing and reconnecting to wifi... Or stopping to the side of the road and start new pairing all over again.... Or even removing battery because the camera stays open but does not respond to any touch or button.... I am totaly disappointed and the problem was that I really had high expectations from this product... Actually after 3 tries I still haven't been able to post this post..... Lol... Even forum is buggy 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @djphysio

See if switching the Wi-Fi Band will help.

Preferencec> Connections> Wi-Fi Band> 2.5/5GHz

For reference see: Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs     

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

Hi.

I'm really angry. 

My Huawei Mate 20 Pro works flawlessly with my GoPro Hero7 black. Because of that good experience I've bought one for my father.

He's got a Huawei P20Pro and nothing works. I've done all the workarounds, updates, wifi band changes, blutooth resets and so on! Nothing works. This is nuts. Does my father really have to change his mobile? GoPro claims to have the top notch action cam available on the market but is not able to provide a working solution for the most used OS on mobile phones. Even a **bleep**ty 50$ cam works flawlessly with any phone. Whats wromg with you guys? Why do you ignore android users? 

Why don't you care for android users? 

Please don't give me a standard answer and tell me to contact somebody who gives me the standard answers. Remember, I've done the change to 2.4GHz, I've done all resets, I've done everthing. So what will you come up with? 

Thank you!

GoPro

Hi @florianh45732

Given that the camera works with your phone, it could be on your father's phone.

I have tested a P9 a P10 and a P20 and did not encounter any errors.

To isolate the issue further you can also test the camera with a different mobile device.

Thanks!

Ej