Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 App connection problems Android

[ Edited ]

Hello @patrikr57. If you have already gone through recommended troubleshooting steps including those that are detailed here https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin... , it could be an issue with compatibility. Although, we tested it here with a Huawei P9 running on Android 7 and it worked. We're working on full support for your Android device and many others in the future. We will pass this information along to the team. 

Sightseer

i have the same problem with my brand nes gp7 black.  the app sees the camera but wont connect.  i have even spoken to gopro and they havent been able to fix it.  also i cant turn stabilisation at 4k or get 60 fps.  my advice to people would be to look at alternative products

Sightseer

didnt work for me

Sightseer

me too - had the same issues.  probably going to take it back

Sightseer

i also have the a8 and cant get a connection - gopro said they would find a solution, but i have given up.  maybe return and look at a sony.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @snowypike62505

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Were you able to install the latest updates for the GoPro App?

We have recently released an update for the Android version.

Once done, make sure to restart your phone (turn it on/off) then try to pair the camera again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I have the same issue on my Honor 9 & Hero7 Black.

1. Camera & app are successfully connected.

2. Trying to live stream wont work and gives the folloeing error:"Somethong went wrong ... Try Again"

3. No internet access while connecting my GoPro app to my Hero7 Black

GoPro

@boldrange67514, the camera connects to your mobile device through GoPro App via Wi-Fi. Typically, this connection will show "no internet connection" (or similar to that) on your Wireless Connection settings when the devices are connected. 

For Live Streaming using HERO7 Black reference, see https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/getting-started-with-live-streaming

At which point of the live streaming process are you getting the error? Does it happen as soon as you select "Setup Live"? Can you also post a screenshot of the error message for our reference?

Thanks! Hoping to hear back from you.

Ann