Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

GoPro Hero 6 cant be Renamed

[ New ]

Read a few of these posts about the lack of options in renaming the hero black 6 and then some people commented that you could do that in 2018, but this isn't the case today. Left in a feature (or rather 're-feature') request for this. Unless anyone else has had success with this recently? Would make my job a little easier if I could. Have tried the reset features and remove and re-add into the Gopro App.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 cant be Renamed

[ New ]
Right got it sorted! Tried one of your suggestions and used my old iPhone 7 and it worked. It also updated the gopro which it couldn't do on the iPhone 11. Thanks for that. Password I can't seem to change but at least the name is. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @saikelly

You should be able to change the HERO6 Black Wi-Fi name.

What phone are you using?

Have you tried it on a different phone?

See https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password/ta-p/394276 for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi Ej, thanks for your reply. I'm on an iPhone 11. No I haven't tried using a different phone. Looked at the link and can confirm that after resetting what it says it doesn't come up with that screen where you can type a name.
GoPro

[ New ]

@saikelly, remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history (iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history).

Then after you reset the camera's Wi-Fi settings, delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi there, nope did all that several times and no luck.
Tourist

[ New ]
Right got it sorted! Tried one of your suggestions and used my old iPhone 7 and it worked. It also updated the gopro which it couldn't do on the iPhone 11. Thanks for that. Password I can't seem to change but at least the name is. Thanks!