Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 4 Silver won't pair with my iPhone X

[ New ]

My iPhone says "No GoPro Detected" after attempting to pair with GoPro 4. I went to settings on my GoPro and selected Wireless On then hit pair with GoPro APP and my ohne wont detect my device. Please help. I've been trying to pair this thing for years now!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 4 Silver won't pair with my iPhone X

[ New ]

Hello, @nweebeemusic. Which OS is your iPhoneX on? If it is on the iOS14.x version, have a go at the steps below, in order: 

1. Allow GoPro through the local network settings - > On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > Enable Local Network (If enable, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App and try connecting again
  2. Reboot your iPhone - > Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14 it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again
  3. Disable Mac address -> This is especially true if you see the “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera - > Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > Find your GoPro camera’s network > Tap the ‘I” button next to the network > Toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position
  4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > To do this you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 4 Silver won't pair with my iPhone X

[ New ]

Hello, @nweebeemusic. Which OS is your iPhoneX on? If it is on the iOS14.x version, have a go at the steps below, in order: 

1. Allow GoPro through the local network settings - > On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > Enable Local Network (If enable, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App and try connecting again
  2. Reboot your iPhone - > Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14 it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again
  3. Disable Mac address -> This is especially true if you see the “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera - > Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > Find your GoPro camera’s network > Tap the ‘I” button next to the network > Toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position
  4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > To do this you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!