Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Please just take a look at this very annoying bug.

Highlight edits don't save, highlights get misplaced after editing, etc.

Hero 8 Black

GoPro App 6.17 (9274)

Galaxy Note 10+

Android 10

edit: oh videos can't be attached. I screen-recorded the bug when it happens. how can I send it?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @vahidfm

We'll have this shared with the team.

You may upload your video to Youtube and share the link.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello Aragon,

Thanks for your reply.

I uploaded it, and here is the link:

https://youtu.be/4Qt9hfdu0uk

Note how the HiLights relocate on their own, don't get deleted, get deleted wrongly, etc.

Please also note the responsiveness of the App on a high-end phone, and how something as little as removing a HiLight gets forever to apply.

I know how software development can be exhausting, and I also know these bugs won't get fixed if we don't report them!

Many thanks

Highlight edits don't save, highlights get misplaced after editing, etc.Hero 8 BlackGoPro App 6.17 (9274)Galaxy Note 10+Android 10
Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Gibt es irgendwo eine Liste, in der man sein Smartphone eintragen kann, mit dem die Verlinkung nicht funktioniert?

Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Gopro App 6.17 funktioniert z. B. nicht mit Android 7 auf Sony Xperia Z5 compact.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hello I have hero 7 black I’m trying to set up the cloud I do all the steps but the app don’t find the WiFi to connect what can I do thanks
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @stoutsummi02657. Make sure that you are connecting to a home Wi-Fi network that has a password. Please note that Wi-Fi networks that require acceptance of a terms & conditions agreement will not work for Auto Upload.

It is also important that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed and that the camera is on the latest firmware. For more troubleshooting tips, see the support article Auto upload your footage to the cloud with GoPro PLUS

GoPro

Re: Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Sorry, @hardytree7336. We do not have such a list. We only have the GoPro App compatibility information here for your reference. What seems to be the issue with your camera and the GoPro App? How may we help?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hey vahidfm,

We have a bug captured for this, it's in the works, not sure if it'll make the next release though. But we heard ya and we're working on it :)

Cheers,
aarlekk

Hiker

[ New ]
I have the same problem. My country is SLOVENIA
Tourist

[ New ]
I have an older phone. And I have android 5.0 installed. Is there a way I can get an older update on gopro app. So I could connect my hero 6 black?
Tourist

Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Salve, 

non riesco a connettere la mia gopro hero 8 black all'app del telelfono... 

ho provato con altri dispositivi cellulari e sembra tutto funzionare ma con il mio telelfono non è prorpio così.

la gopro si connette correttamente ma quando clicco su anteprima per visualizzare la camera il dispositivo non si connette credo per problemi di rete wifi e lo stesso vale per i file multimediali che non riesco a condividere sull'app poichè al momento della conessione con la rete appunto smette di funzionare e perde la connessione. 

versione app gopro: 6.19.1

versione fotocamera: hero 8 black 

medello telefono: huawei mate 20 lite

sistema operativo: EMUI 10.0.0 versione di android 10 

le sarei molto grato se riuscirre a risolvere la mia problematica.

grazie e cordiali saluti 

20200822_192413.jpg
GoPro

Re: Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Hello, @christianb750. .Try this: While on the screen with "Enable Preview" screen, send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera.

Tourist

[ New ]
Buonasera, continua a non funzionare... Non riesco a trovare sul mio telelfono la rete wifi della go pro quindi è impossibile per me connettermi... Cosa devo fare? Potete darmi una spiegazione? Grazie
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @christianb750. Have you already been able to explore changing the camera's Wi-Fi band to 2.4GHz? If you haven't yet, go to Preferences, then Connections, then Wi-Fi Band, then toggle to 2.4GHz (if not already selected). Then try pairing again, manually if needed. 

If not paired yet, try the steps below: 

• Place your camera in pairing mode, then open the GoPro app and begin searching for a new camera
  • When the "Searching for camera" screen transitions and says it found your GoPro, go into the Bluetooth settings on your device and find your GoPro camera (the name will be "GoPro" with a four-digit number like "GoPro 3583")
  • Pair your phone to the camera, then go back into the GoPro App to continue where you left off. The app should still be on the "We Found Your GoPro" screen
  • Tap "Connect"
  • You should then be able to go through the rest of the pairing flow as normal.

If the above will still not work, it could be a compatibility issue with your phone then, considering that you mentioned above that your HERO8 Black camera is able to connect with other phone models. We will send this as feedback to the team. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Dear, 

i tried and finally it's working very well.

thanks for your collaboration. 

if i'll have any issue i'll contact you again. 

best regards and have a good day. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know that, @christianb750. Glad that your camera and phone are now paired successfully. Enjoy using your GoPro and feel free to post back should you have any other concerns or questions. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Bonjour,

J'ai un petit pour importermes fichiers video et photo sur mon téléphone.

Ma Gopro max se connecte très à mon téléphone mais le transfert des fichiers ne se fait.

le message d'erreur suivant apparait : "un problème est survenu. l'application a annulé la demande de sélection d'un appareil."

petit détail : le transfert de vidéo fonctionnait sans aucun problème jusqu'à présent.

Quelqu'un a t'il déjà eu ce problème ? help ?

caméra : gopro max , logiciel v1.50

smartphone : Oneplus 6T, android v10

Screenshot_20200826-103939.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @fred-montagne. There is currently an issue with app connectivity with the OnePLus phones on Android 10. Our team is aware of it and is working on a fix. 

If you haven't yet, try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera.

You may also change Wi-Fi band on your MAX, if it helps. Go to Preferences, then Connections, then Wi-Fi Band, then toggle to 2.4 GHz. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

How do I edit the settings on my HERO5 Session without an app? (I don't use a Smartphone). I want to change the ISO, is there a desktop app (not Quik) that allows settings changes? How do I do it?

Regards

Shery 

Explorer

[ New ]
The Session cameras, HERO4 & HERO5, were specifically designed to work with the GoPro mobile app. To access settings beyond frame rate and resolution, you must use the mobile app.
Tourist

[ New ]
Can not connect to Hero 3 Silver v3.0 s/n:HD3SB011318xxxx with iOS app v7.0.1 (4095) on I Phone Xs running iOS 14 public beta 2. Have exhausted the troubleshooting connectivity issues white paper on the support site. The camera connects to WiFi on the phone but presents “no camera found” when adding a camera in the app. The camera will connect to the app on an iPad 6 running iOS 14.0 Beta. Both devices are on a Verizon wireless plan
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kymtnbkr

Try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.

Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. 

If it's still the same, please try the steps shared on this thread.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I purchased a Hero3+ silver. I downloaded the mobile app to my Samsung S6. Per the instructions the password to use is: "goprohero". The  mobile app gives a message that the passoword is incorrect or may have changed it from another device.

I never have owned a GoPro before.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @marciav3308

Please proceed with a WI-Fi and a firmware update.

See https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero3_plus

Make sure to save the UPDATE folder to the root of the SD card.

Once the update is completed, try the pairing process again.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Pair-Your-Camera-with-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/394285

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I cannot stream my hero 9 to anything... Youtube, gopro, twitch rtmp etc. I have the latest firmware, app is updated to latest. Also, my phone has Oxygen OS 9.0.6. Everytime i try to stream it says it cannot find a wifi network. Tethering also doesn't solve the problem. In the website and on the box it says supports live streaming, but I see that is not true? Please provide some help. I am only using my gopro for irl live streaming
Tourist

[ New ]
This is the only thing I see
Screenshot_20200930-095904.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @crinklypaper. Your phone should be able to detect available Wi-Fi networks in the area. Does it matter which streaming platform you select when setting app the live stream? 

Tourist

[ New ]
It's the same for all streaming options. Randomly it worked this morning. But now it's not working again. So it seems something with the app is wrong.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, I have made a few tests with the same result. 

- wait for gps icon light (connected)

- record some short video

- stop recording (see that icon is still light so the connection hasn't been lost in the meantime)

- upload the video using manual upload from go pro to the cloud

- download video to the app

- add sticker - not available. Got a pop-up message that I need to turn GPS before I shoot. GPS stickers can only be used on original footage. 

What is more I transfer this file to the telemetrics extractor and there was a data from gps. 

I also made a test on my friends iPhone and I'm also not able to add a sticker - but with the difference that I didn't get the pop-up message

What can I do except the external (mostly paid) software. I bought a gopro to have everything working in one place :( 

GoPro App version: 7.1 (9595)
Hero 9 black v. 1.21
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus, Android 7.0
iPhone XR, iOS 12.3.1

Tourist

[ New ]

Looking for a way to save the default storage location from internal to my Micro SD card. Is there a way to do this from within the GoPro app?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ in case you need to know.  

GoPro

[ New ]
@gsjeeper
Sorry about that but you can't change the storage, it will store on the internal storage for now.
GoPro

[ New ]
@fifiasty When I tried to record some footage for a GPS sticker test I had recorded a video that was too short and it didn't have sufficient data. Can you please try with a video that is at least 2mins long?
In my testing, I put the camera at the window, made sur it had a signal, then recorded for like 3m30 and I did have GPS data to add stickers. I'm thinking maybe your footage was a bit short. Could you try that?

Also if you want you can send us your footage via dropbox or something so we check it.

Thanks
Sightseer

[ New ]

Maybe a bit redundant, but I figured this info might help if admin is able to pass on to software developers(?) Kid got his 1st BMX bike, so I dusted off the Hero 3+ Silver (I thought about buying a Hero 7 black, but it seems newer cameras are having similar issues).  The Wi-Fi connected, the app indicated that the camera was connected, but could not move on to the camera control screen of the app.  I followed steps in other threads, including updating the camera firmware and wi-fi, as well as making sure the app and my phone were up to date.  None of it worked, until...  I deleted the app from my phone, then did a fresh reinstall.  THAT WORKED!  Until... I shut off the camera and/or shut down the app.  Deleted app, reinstalled, worked.  Shut down camera, same issue. Delete, reinstall, works. You get the idea.  I really only need the app to see where the camera is pointing prior to recording, so this will be a workaround until the app is refined.  Hope this helps!

GoPro App Version - 7.1

Camera Model - Hero 3+ Silver

Camera Firmware - 3.02 (most up to date, which is from 2015... because it's an old camera)

Phone Model - iPhone Xs

iOS 14.0.1

Tourist

[ New ]
I have the same issue only exception is my phone is running iOS 14.2 public beta 2
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @shfoster206 and @kymtnbkr. If you haven't yet, perform the following steps, in order, and see if the issue gets resolved. 

1. Allow GoPro through the local network settings - > On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > Enable Local Network (If enable, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App and try connecting again

2. Reboot your iPhone - > Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14 it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again

3. Disable Mac address -> This is especially true if you see the “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera - > Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > Find your GoPro camera’s network > Tap the ‘I” button next to the network > Toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position

4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > To do this you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I just got a new Hero 8 Black.  I'm unable to connect it to the app to update or view media.  I am able to pair successfully but then it pops up saying 'Something came up.  The application has cancelled the request to choose a device'

A brief description of the issue and what you have tried
GoPro App version: 7.2.1 (9743)
Camera model and firmware version (e.g. HERO8 Black v1.80) HERO8 Black v01.60
Phone Model: Oneplus 6T
Mobile OS Android 10 OxygenOS v10.3.6

I've restarted the phone and HERO8 multiple times.

Hope you can offer some assistance, thanks.

GoPro

[ New ]

@anthonyisgood, please try to pair to the camera from the mobile device's Wi-Fi manager first, then connect to the camera's Wi-Fi in the GoPro App.

Also, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the problem.

Tourist

Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Salve oggi mi è stata consegnata la mia gopro Hero 9 acquistata direttamente dal sito gopro con il pacchetto abbonamento per un anno.

Dopo aver avviato la hero 9 ho effettuato tutta la procedura tramite la guida che appare sulla hero 9 per connetterla con l'app gopro,ma una volta connessa con l'app non riesco ad avviare l'anteprima del display,ad effettuare l'aggiornamento della hero9, e non riesco ad avviare altre funzioni che gestiscono l'archiviazione di foto ed altro. Ho provato più volte a reinstallare l'app,riconettere la hero 9 con il mio smartphone ma niente da fare.

Modello: Hero 9 Black versione 01.00

Modello telefono: Huawei mate 20 lite

Sistema operativo mobile: Android 10

attendo notizie grazie mille.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @marcob7485. We recommend doing a manual firmware update instead. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you in the process. After the update, the camera and the phone should pair as normal. Let us know how it goes. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Bonjour

Suite à une tentative de connexion avec l'application GoPro sur mon smartphone celui-ci m'a informé qu'il me faut insérer un code que j'ai Intégré  lors de la première mise en route de la caméra. Je ne me souviens pas du tout de ce code pouvez-vous m'informer quelles sont les solutions qui s'offrent à moi afin de le récupérer.

merci pour votre aide  Smiley Happy

GoPro

[ New ]

@spiryvista62385, typically, the connection issue between the camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hola tengo problemas para descargar los videos y compartirlos de la app, tengo la gopro 8 black y el cel es un lg g8 thinq, comienza a preparando archivo y se queda trabado al llegar al 80%

Sightseer

[ New ]

Wie bearbeite ich die Einstellungen in meiner HERO5-Sitzung ohne App? (Ich benutze kein Smartphone). Ich möchte die ISO ändern. Gibt es eine Desktop-App (nicht Quik), mit der Einstellungen geändert werden können? Wie mache ich es?

Sightseer

[ New ]

i publish my problem in english

How  I edit the settings on my HERO5 Session without an app ? becoz i am not using a Smartphone. I want to change the ISO, is there a desktop app (not Quik) that allows settings changes? How do I do it?

Explorer

[ New ]
Only through the mobile app. Sorry.
Tourist

[ New ]

Issue: After a live stream to twitch.tv gets interrupted because of bad connectivity, I can't start another Live-Stream for several hours. If I go to "Control your GoPro" > "Set Up Live" > "Twitch" (or Youtube/Facebook for that matter) I get the following message: "Live Stream Ended - Your stream ended becuase the Wi-Fi connection was lost." which I can only accept with "Got It". After this, the app puts me back to "Cameras" (homescreen of the app). This behaviour doesn't change after reinstalling the app and/or resetting the camera to default settings. After a few hours, it randomly works again. This is extemely frustrating because I sometimes try to live stream from areas with dodgy mobile coverage. It wouldn't be much of a problem, if I could just restart the stream after a disconnect. But with this error I basically only have one shot, after which live streaming becomes impossible.

GoPro App Version: 7.2.1 (9743)

GoPro Version: HD7.01.01.90.00

Phone Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9

Mobile OS: MIUI Global 11.0.5 / Android 10 QP1A.190711.020

Tourist

[ New ]

After a live stream to twitch.tv has been interrupted becuase of bad connectivitiy, I can't start another stream through any of the platforms for several hours. After I go to "Control your GoPro > Set Up Live" and click on any of the options (twitch, youtube, facebook, ...), I get the following message: "Live Stream Ended - Your stream ended becuase the Wi-Fi connection was lost". I can only accept this message, by tapping "Got it", after which the app puts me back to "Cameras" (the home screen of the app basically). The error persists after reinstalling the app and/or resetting the camera to defaults. It only disappears randomly after a few hours. This behaviour is extremely frustrating, because I effectively only get 'one shot' at live streaming and if anything goes wrong, I can't use the feature for several hours.

GoPro App version: 7.2.1 (9743)

Camera Model: GoPro HERO7 Black

GoPro Firmware Version: HD7.01.01.90.00

Phone Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9

Mobile OS: MIUI Global 11.0.5 / Android 10 QP1A.190711.020

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok, I tried some more things and the problem seems to be solved after turning the GoPro off, removing the battery for a while and then trying again. A simple restart of the camera (and the phone for that matter) didn't help. The problem also appears again after the next time the connection is lost while streaming. Very annoying.

Tourist

[ New ]

And another instance of this bug: when chosing "Other/RTMP" and trying to stream to an invalid URL, this message appears "Something Went Wrong - Make sure your URL is correct and your streaming platform is not down." and you are put back to the "Cameras" page of the app. When trying to stream to "Other/RTMP" again, the above message appears before you can even change the URL and you are sent back to the "Cameras" screen again. This can only be fixed by removing the battery from your camera for a few seconds.