Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

Hi,

I just got a new Hero 8 Black.  I'm unable to connect it to the app to update or view media.  I am able to pair successfully but then it pops up saying 'Something came up.  The application has cancelled the request to choose a device'

A brief description of the issue and what you have tried
GoPro App version: 7.2.1 (9743)
Camera model and firmware version (e.g. HERO8 Black v1.80) HERO8 Black v01.60
Phone Model: Oneplus 6T
Mobile OS Android 10 OxygenOS v10.3.6

I've restarted the phone and HERO8 multiple times.

Hope you can offer some assistance, thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

@anthonyisgood, please try to pair to the camera from the mobile device's Wi-Fi manager first, then connect to the camera's Wi-Fi in the GoPro App.

Also, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the problem.

Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ Edited ]

Salve oggi mi è stata consegnata la mia gopro Hero 9 acquistata direttamente dal sito gopro con il pacchetto abbonamento per un anno.

Dopo aver avviato la hero 9 ho effettuato tutta la procedura tramite la guida che appare sulla hero 9 per connetterla con l'app gopro,ma una volta connessa con l'app non riesco ad avviare l'anteprima del display,ad effettuare l'aggiornamento della hero9, e non riesco ad avviare altre funzioni che gestiscono l'archiviazione di foto ed altro. Ho provato più volte a reinstallare l'app,riconettere la hero 9 con il mio smartphone ma niente da fare.

Modello: Hero 9 Black versione 01.00

Modello telefono: Huawei mate 20 lite

Sistema operativo mobile: Android 10

attendo notizie grazie mille.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

Hello, @marcob7485. We recommend doing a manual firmware update instead. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you in the process. After the update, the camera and the phone should pair as normal. Let us know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Bonjour

Suite à une tentative de connexion avec l'application GoPro sur mon smartphone celui-ci m'a informé qu'il me faut insérer un code que j'ai Intégré  lors de la première mise en route de la caméra. Je ne me souviens pas du tout de ce code pouvez-vous m'informer quelles sont les solutions qui s'offrent à moi afin de le récupérer.

merci pour votre aide  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
GoPro

@spiryvista62385, typically, the connection issue between the camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here