Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

It's the same for all streaming options. Randomly it worked this morning. But now it's not working again. So it seems something with the app is wrong.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hello, I have made a few tests with the same result. 

- wait for gps icon light (connected)

- record some short video

- stop recording (see that icon is still light so the connection hasn't been lost in the meantime)

- upload the video using manual upload from go pro to the cloud

- download video to the app

- add sticker - not available. Got a pop-up message that I need to turn GPS before I shoot. GPS stickers can only be used on original footage. 

What is more I transfer this file to the telemetrics extractor and there was a data from gps. 

I also made a test on my friends iPhone and I'm also not able to add a sticker - but with the difference that I didn't get the pop-up message

What can I do except the external (mostly paid) software. I bought a gopro to have everything working in one place :( 

GoPro App version: 7.1 (9595)
Hero 9 black v. 1.21
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus, Android 7.0
iPhone XR, iOS 12.3.1

Highlighted
Sightseer

Looking for a way to save the default storage location from internal to my Micro SD card. Is there a way to do this from within the GoPro app?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ in case you need to know.  

Highlighted
GoPro

@gsjeeper
Sorry about that but you can't change the storage, it will store on the internal storage for now.
Highlighted
GoPro

@fifiasty When I tried to record some footage for a GPS sticker test I had recorded a video that was too short and it didn't have sufficient data. Can you please try with a video that is at least 2mins long?
In my testing, I put the camera at the window, made sur it had a signal, then recorded for like 3m30 and I did have GPS data to add stickers. I'm thinking maybe your footage was a bit short. Could you try that?

Also if you want you can send us your footage via dropbox or something so we check it.

Thanks
Highlighted
Sightseer

Maybe a bit redundant, but I figured this info might help if admin is able to pass on to software developers(?) Kid got his 1st BMX bike, so I dusted off the Hero 3+ Silver (I thought about buying a Hero 7 black, but it seems newer cameras are having similar issues).  The Wi-Fi connected, the app indicated that the camera was connected, but could not move on to the camera control screen of the app.  I followed steps in other threads, including updating the camera firmware and wi-fi, as well as making sure the app and my phone were up to date.  None of it worked, until...  I deleted the app from my phone, then did a fresh reinstall.  THAT WORKED!  Until... I shut off the camera and/or shut down the app.  Deleted app, reinstalled, worked.  Shut down camera, same issue. Delete, reinstall, works. You get the idea.  I really only need the app to see where the camera is pointing prior to recording, so this will be a workaround until the app is refined.  Hope this helps!

GoPro App Version - 7.1

Camera Model - Hero 3+ Silver

Camera Firmware - 3.02 (most up to date, which is from 2015... because it's an old camera)

Phone Model - iPhone Xs

iOS 14.0.1

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same issue only exception is my phone is running iOS 14.2 public beta 2
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @shfoster206 and @kymtnbkr. If you haven't yet, perform the following steps, in order, and see if the issue gets resolved. 

1. Allow GoPro through the local network settings - > On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > Enable Local Network (If enable, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App and try connecting again

2. Reboot your iPhone - > Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14 it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again

3. Disable Mac address -> This is especially true if you see the “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera - > Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > Find your GoPro camera’s network > Tap the ‘I” button next to the network > Toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position

4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > To do this you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!