Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

Hi,

I have a GoPro 8 (v 1.60) and an Android Smarphone (Android version 9.0, Model Cubot J5) and I cannot download the App from Google Playstore because the store say "Your device is not compatible." Where can I get the APK to install and control my Hero 8 from my phone???

Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @lithesummi050. We do not have an APK for installing the GoPro App. We can only download through https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gopro.smarty&hl=en . 

Please note that for Android devices, it is not only the version that is important for the App to work but also the OpenGL version (graphical framework provided by the OS).

Our Team is aware of the issue. We will definitely post about it once we have new information. 

Highlighted
GoPro

@lithesummi050 

Hi, 

I am a bit surprised that you can't install the app. Can you try to clean the cache, reboot your device and try again?

Since you are an Android 9.0 it should be ok. Unless the Open GL version of your phone is less than OpenGL 3.0 which could explain it.

Highlighted
Sightseer

App-6.15(3796)
Iphone7 13.5.1
Camera Hero8 Black
Cannot set up auto upload. “Something went wrong” constant reply. Downloading to phone is very slow, locks up and cannot even view on appletv mirror??
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @hardylight22428. In which part of the auto upload setup process do you get this error message? Is it when trying to connect to a network? At this time, auto upload does not work with a public network (airport, hotel, etc.), open network, or a hidden network. It is also not currently compatible with Wi-Fi networks that have no password set (open Wi-Fi networks).  In order to proceed, make sure that a password is set for your Wi-Fi network.

On the average, how long does it take for media from the camera to be downloaded to the phone? Does your phone have enough storage space to accommodate new media? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

Buonasera, non riesco a visualizzare l'anteprima della mia gopro hero8 black dall'app, nè riesco da lì ad accedere ai contenuti. Per il resto l'app e la gopro dialogano. Con la gopro hero3+ che avevo prima funzionava tutto normalmente, da quando ho acquistato la hero8 niente. Ho provato a resettare la connessione della fotocamera, eliminarla dall'app e dal bluetooth del telefono, ma niente. Ho anche provato a resettare il telefono (un honor 8, sistema operativo android 7.0), e anche così niente. Inoltre, anche se mi esce il messaggio di "connessione riuscita", l'icona della dashboard con il telefono non diventa bianca, ma resta grigia. Qualcuno saprebbe aiutarmi? Grazie

Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

Good evening, from the gopro app (version 6.16.1) the preview of my gopro hero8 black doesn’t work, and I can’t see my gallery. For the rest the app and the gopro are in dialogue. With the gopro hero3+ that I had before all worked normally, I have this problem since I bought the hero8 black. I tried to reset the camera connection, delete the gopro from the phone’s app and from the phone's bluetooth, but it doesn’t work. I also tried to reset the phone (an honor 8, android operating system 7.0). Also, even if I get the message of "successful connection", the icon of the dashboard with the phone does not become white, but it remains gray. Can anyone help me? Thank you

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

Hello @sunnycave62574

What version is your GoPro App on?

What error message are you getting?

What happens if you try to access is through Control Your GoPro instead of View Media?

Once the camera is paired, tap on Control Your GoPro, then on the lower left-hand side, tap on the frame icon.

You may also test this with another phone if you have access to one.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej