Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Hi @barko1969

Is this for downloading files from the camera to the app or from the app to your phone?

What error message are you getting?

If you have access to another phone, see if the same happens.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi.
Won’t download media from the camera to the iPhone app. I installed the app on a friends android phone and it works fine. It’s an apple app thing by the look of it. It connects via Bluetooth for “control your GoPro” function but won’t let files download when WiFi connection is required between the phone and camera. Local network is selected in the new privacy settings.
64B23CBC-2D12-4819-8529-AF33F1BD78F6.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @barko1969

Thanks for testing it with another device. We can confirm that the camera's connection is all good.

It could be on your phone's settings.

Please try the following suggested steps accordingly:

1. Allow GoPro through the Local Network settings. On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > enable Local Network (If enabled, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App, and try connecting again.
  2. Reboot your iPhone. Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14, it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again.
  3. Disable Mac address. This is especially true if you see “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera. Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > find your GoPro camera’s network > tap the “i” button next to the network > toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position.
  4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > to do this, you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the advice. I did as you outlined and still no change. When apple put out iOS 14 they added security feature for local network access. It messed up lots of apps that can no longer cast etc. Netflix updated their app and it works. Disney haven’t. I think that it has effected the GoPro app as well when it accesses the camera through WiFi.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @barko1969

We'll have this checked with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Tourist

[ New ]

As reported the only way to make iOS14 working with the GoPro mobile app (Now quik) to transfer data, it's to toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position.

But this is really annying... you have to do it everytime, at least with Hero 9.

I still have a old Hero 4 and it's still working fine: I switch wifi on Hero 4, on iPhone I connecto to Hero4's WiFi network and it works... Using Hero 9 I've to wait untill I see Hero9's WiFi network offered by Hero9 itself...

Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

My old Samsung S6 died..I had to buy new one.. I bought A12 with Android 10...my lovely 360 stuff DOESN'T work anymore. Is this Android 10 issues ( I heard that it was problem with compatibility ) or too week Smartphone? However A12 has 4GB. Can you recomend some Android based Smartphone that work well with Go Pro Max 360 files...my old S6 was working perfectly!

GoPro

Re: Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Hi @jure025

If you haven't yet, please check GoPro Quik: 360 Media Support

Thanks!

Ej