Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

facing some issue please help me . .

Sightseer

[ New ]

Bonjour,

Après avoir lu differents postes (soit disant résolus, j'ai notamment suivi les conseils de aarlekk qui semblaient fonctionner) j'ai effectué les manips suivantes pour une Gopro black 9 (vu le prix ce serait bien que cela marche) avec un téléphone Android (Huawei Mate Pro 10).

1. Desinstaller et réinstaller l'appli
  2. Parametrer la go pro en mode usine
  3. Reinitiliser les connexions
  4. Dissocier le blutooth avant de les associer à nouveau
  5. Redemarrer le tel et la caméra
  6. Regler la bande Wifi en 2,4 GHz

Malgré ces manips.

:) La go pro se connecte au tel. Bon début

Mise à jour de la caméra effectuée, second bon point.

:( Tentative de prendre le controle de la caméra depuis le tel impossible "Aucun appareil trouvé"

Impossible d'accéder à mes médias... "Impossible de se connecter à votre Gopro" (malgré le message sur la caméra "connexion établie"

400e pour un produit qui ne fonctionne pas... Gopro une solution ?

A l'aide ! :)

GoPro

[ New ]

@clementb73200, try to manually connect to your GoPro camera's Wi-Fi. To do this, send the GoPro App to the background then open the Wireless Connection settings on your phone and manually connect to your GoPro camera's Wi-Fi. Once connected, switch back to the GoPro App. 

If it doesn't help, I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 
Tourist

[ New ]

All,

I have a problem. 

Bought a new phone and it cant play the 360 footage. I can download the clip on phone but the app just shows a spinner forever when I try to play it.

It works fine with my old samsung galaxy note 8 though.

GoPro App version - 7.3.2
Camera model and firmware version - Gopro Max 02.00
Phone Model - Ulefone Armor 9 -

Memory -   8GM RAM 

ChipsetMediatek MT6779 Helio P90 (12 nm)
CPUOcta-core (2x2.2 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
GPU

PowerVR GM9446

Mobile OS - Android 10

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @viveky7213

MAX is a premium camera with very high resolution video capabilities. This takes a lot of processing power to run on a phones video player and doesn't always play nice with all phones. Even newer phones that might have older chipsets which is very common in Android can struggle with processing 5k and 3k video.

Have you tried shooting in 3k60 and then editing in the app? This is less processing intensive than the 5k video mode and is more likely to work with your phone.

Please note GoPro does offer a free editing solution for 360 on Mac and windows computers which you can use and install today.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Player/ta-p/413305

These are the hardware recommendations we have for Android users on app using 360 cameras.

Chipsets on phone:
• Kirin 980 or newer
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or newer
• Exynos 9810 or newer

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/360-Media-Support-in-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/408043
Sightseer

[ New ]
I’m trying to add a camera to my new account and it keeps giving me an invalid serial number. It’s the number straight off the sticker inside the camera.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fireyhill037

Please double check on the information entered.

See How to Find Your GoPro Serial Number

You may also try using a different browser or go on incognito mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Please please help me!!
Last evening I tried to pair my hero 3 with the app which worked and I could control the camera. But the storage photos and videos wouldn’t sync or show an error kept showing unable to upload media please reboot by pressing power button for 8 seconds. This didn’t work I got the same message. And then in my frustration I set up a wifi password for the camera and then forgot the password and I can’t change that on my iPhone 11!! A catalogue of errors. I really need the help please to get the shots on my camera and would appreciate the help. Even if the formats are wrong I want to set the old cam up so the formats work with my phone. Bear in mind please I update and registered the camera this morning and all is correct.thanks