Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

oohh.... Smiley Frustrated

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

thank you 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, i digged out my old GoPro Hero 5 Session & downloaded the GoPro app.

And now i have problems with paring it to my Phone.

The app says "You have no Cameras connected" , but how do i add a new camera ?

I can connect to the camera with both bluetooth and Wifi, but the app never reacts ?

HERO5 SESSION   2.51

Google Pixel 2

Android 10

Moski

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @toughrange5473,

Try clearing you phone's Bluetooth settings and clear or delete any paired camera on the app. 

You may also visit this website then try to reset the connection settings of your camera. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Reset-the-Camera-s-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password

https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Regards,

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

Tried that, don't work .

So how is the pairing supposed to work in the app ?

If i have the app open and connects to the camera with wifi:

Do the app automatic sence that ?

Or do i have to add the camera in the app ?

I attached some screenshots.

Screenshot 1 shows the homescreen  (No add device button).

Screenshot 2 is from Settings/My Account  (In the red bubble) "Manage your devices" (But it is blacked out) so i can't access it.

Screenshot 1.jpg Screenshot 2.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]

I found the problem !

I fired up my old Google Nexus 6P and there the app looks different.

The blue button is missing on the Pixel.

The button says "Connect a GoPro".

So the app doesn't work on the Pixel 2  Man Embarassed

Pixel                                                                  Nexus

Pixel 2.jpg  Nexus.jpg

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @toughrange5473,

Just add a camera and there will be a step by step instruction on how to pair your camera. 

Make sure that your phone's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings is both enabled and make sure that your phone is connected to your camera's Wi-Fi network. 

Regarding missing add a camera option. Do you have font settings on your phone?

Can you try to make the font smaller or use english as your default language. 

Seems like it is covered by the black bar on top. 

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

Solved  Smiley Happy

I kept clicking in the bottom of the screen and all of the sudden i manage to trigger that missing button.

Screenshot 4.jpg

Tourist

[ New ]
Bonjour,
Je ne peux connecter ma Gopro avec mon téléphone, via l'application.
Application 6.9.1
Hero 8 black 01.60
Huawei p20
Système d'exploitation 9.1.0

Merci
GoPro

[ New ]

@floflo87, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here -- https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the problem. If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to assist you further.

Tourist

[ New ]

I can not live stream to Azure Media Services by RTMP.
I tried live stream to facebook and twitch by RTMP and it's work.
I tried live stream from my computer to Azure Media Services by RTMP and it's work (1).
But when I tried live stream from GoPro HERO8 Black to Azure Media Services by RTMP (same RTMP URL at (1)) then it's show error: "Network Error. Unable to connect"
I'm wondering if I can live stream to Azure Media Services?

GoPro App version: 6.9.1
Camera model and firmware version: HERO8 Black v01.60
Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S8
Mobile OS: Android 9.0

Tourist

Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Ciao sono Giuseppe, da qualche giorno provo a collegarmi con l'app. nel telefono versione 6.10 (8855) con una gopro herero 5session, cosa sara' successo??

Premetto che sempre con la medesima app. ma (8108) mi sono collegato senza problemi qualche tempo a dietro. Grazie

GoPro

Re: Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

@duchm19020, currently, you can live stream using an RTMP URL to these compatible platforms only: Workplace by Facebook, Twitch, and Vimeo for U.S. Huya, DouYu, Bilibili, and Inke for China.

You can find more information about live streaming to social media and other platforms through here: How to live stream from your GoPro

GoPro

[ New ]

@dicarlog47, following the updates, it's a good idea to restart your phone before re-pairing your camera to the app. For further troubleshooting, please see https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 .

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

Caterpillar CAT S60 Android 6.0, no possibility to install GoPro App. Mobile with thermal camera, not possible to change for new mobile with Android 7.0 without thermal camera as needed in my job.

thanks

Pawel 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello,

Minimum OS Required for the GoPro app to work is Android 7.

Thanks,
aarlekk

Sightseer

Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Hallo

Bei mir wird schon nach dem öffnen derGoPro App das Kamera (Android)  Symbol oben links nicht angezeigt. Da ist einfach nix! Es steht das nur: "Es ist noch keine Kamera verbunden"

Wie soll ich etwas verbinden, wenn die Möglichkeit fehlt!?

Gruß

MarcO

GoPro

Re: Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

@supersummi21548, have you already gone through the process of pairing your GoPro camera with the app? See Pair Your Camera with the GoPro App for more details.

If there's an issue connecting your camera with the app, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here -- https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the problem.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hola!! Cambie mi teléfono móvil por un Xiaomi red mi note 8, pude instalar mi Gopro Hero 4 silver con v05.00, pero no me deja emparejar la cámara con el móvil, me dice que el password de la cámara no coincide. Que puedo hacer?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ariell2488,

Please try to install new camera firmware on your camera. 

You can get it here: https://gopro.com/en/us/update

Follow firmware update instruction for your camera. 

Use and SD card adapter then make sure to reformat your SD card before copying the UPDATE folder to your SD card. 

-Jay

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi, I have an issue. When I try to download content to my phone which I have added gps tags, the upload doesn't progress, there is no way. I attach some images.

Versión app: 6.12(8990)
Hero 8 black 1.60 versión
Xiaomi mi 9SE
Android 10
Thanks!
IMG_20200510_122857.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @ismawrc. We just tested it on a Samsung phone running on Android 10 and we were able to successfully save the video with GPS stickers on the phone's local Gallery. 

If you haven't yet, restart your device and clear cache on the app through your phone settings. Be sure to clear cache only, not data. Ensure as well that you have ample space to accommodate the new media. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya , thanks again for a your support. I just followed the steps you have told me and it seems that it still doesn't download, the title is different from the usual GH ... I don't know what could be wrong.
IMG_20200510_235801.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]
@mariustanya If i download the same file without tags, there is no problem
IMG_20200511_000415.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

This is odd, @ismawrc. Were the videos with a different label or file name coming directly from the camera or the SD card? The different label indicates that the file may have been downloaded from PLUS to the app. By tags you mean GPS stickers, right? Not Hilight tags. 

Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Ich hab jetzt auch keine Lust mehr mich Stunden damit zu beschätigen die Cam über ein App zu steuern was nett geht. Entfernen Zurücksetztsen neu Koppeln etc. Komm mir verarscht vor. Die dritte Hero 8 Habe ich nun bestellt. In der Hoffung endlich mal was vernünftiges für alle Situationen zu haben. Für die Kohle hätte ich mir lieber Billozeug bei Conrad kaufen können ( wenn man ca 60€ pro cam nimmt hätte ich jetzt ca 10 funktionierende ) welche sogar noch Webcamfunktion haben. Und das MediaMod scheint ja bei Euch eh nicht mehr verfügbar zu sein. Es war mal GoPro einfach, jetzt ist GoProsnichtkaufen. 
Fazit App fürn Arsch, Cam nett aber aufgrund der nicht vorhandenen einfachheit ebenfalls fürn Arsch. Mit meinen Iphone gehts schneller und einfacher, komisch.

Aber wie immer liegts dann wohl am Endverbraucher der wohl zu blöd ist damit umzugehen. 

Ich geb auf. Morgen gehts nach Conrad fertig. 
Allein die capturecard Blackmagic Decklink Quad die ich extra für die GoPro angeschafft habe nutzt mir ohne die Media Mods mal garnix. 
Was ich mach. Ich bin ein Live Musik Club und dachte ich kann wenn schon keine Mucke wenigstens die Ecken mit den GoPro bestücken und n ordendlichen Stream mit Videoregie Tonmann etc hinlegen. Pustekuchen. 

Kollege meinte eh schon ich soll einfach Chinazeug holen is eh der selbe Kram drin und kostet weniger und funktioniert.

Danke liebes Team von Gopro. Ihr gebt euch Mühe. Ich hoffe nicht das Ihr bald Blackberry Konkurenz macht. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya thx again FPR Your support. Yes, I downloaded from Plus cloud. After a long time trying solutions, I have realized that it does not allow me to save the file in my gallery as soon as I modify something in the video of the app, if the video is virgin, it is downloaded, if I modify speed, filters, stickers gps ... the video is not downloading and it is being very frustrating for me, I hope there is a solution.
greetings heros!!
Hiker

[ New ]
I mean gps stickers ye, sorry
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @ismawrc. I just tried again following your workflow. I downloaded a video from PLUS, viewed it, and added GPS stickers. After this step, I saved the changes in the App and a new video (video from PLUS with GPS stickers) is saved in the app.

Once done, I saved a copy of the video to my phone's gallery and it worked. The new video is saved in a folder labeled GoPro-Exports. 

If you can, try using a different device and let us know how it goes. Based on what we know so far, it seems that the issue is isolated to a particular phone. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Bonjour
J’ai une hero 4 Silver et je n’arrive plus à la mettre en communication avec mon IPhone 11 Pro Max et l’application GoProApp. Pourtant le wifi de min téléphone la vois, mais l’application ne la détecte pas. Quelques conseils ou astuces?
Merci
8057F7B1-9EB1-48E6-80AC-896333FAF879.png
GoPro

[ New ]

@simoneb4474, sorry to hear about the trouble with the app. There are some troubleshooting steps at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the problem. Let us know how it goes.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi,

I have a GoPro 8 (v 1.60) and an Android Smarphone (Android version 9.0, Model Cubot J5) and I cannot download the App from Google Playstore because the store say "Your device is not compatible." Where can I get the APK to install and control my Hero 8 from my phone???

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @lithesummi050. We do not have an APK for installing the GoPro App. We can only download through https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gopro.smarty&hl=en . 

Please note that for Android devices, it is not only the version that is important for the App to work but also the OpenGL version (graphical framework provided by the OS).

Our Team is aware of the issue. We will definitely post about it once we have new information. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@lithesummi050 

Hi, 

I am a bit surprised that you can't install the app. Can you try to clean the cache, reboot your device and try again?

Since you are an Android 9.0 it should be ok. Unless the Open GL version of your phone is less than OpenGL 3.0 which could explain it.

Sightseer

[ New ]
App-6.15(3796)
Iphone7 13.5.1
Camera Hero8 Black
Cannot set up auto upload. “Something went wrong” constant reply. Downloading to phone is very slow, locks up and cannot even view on appletv mirror??
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @hardylight22428. In which part of the auto upload setup process do you get this error message? Is it when trying to connect to a network? At this time, auto upload does not work with a public network (airport, hotel, etc.), open network, or a hidden network. It is also not currently compatible with Wi-Fi networks that have no password set (open Wi-Fi networks).  In order to proceed, make sure that a password is set for your Wi-Fi network.

On the average, how long does it take for media from the camera to be downloaded to the phone? Does your phone have enough storage space to accommodate new media? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Buonasera, non riesco a visualizzare l'anteprima della mia gopro hero8 black dall'app, nè riesco da lì ad accedere ai contenuti. Per il resto l'app e la gopro dialogano. Con la gopro hero3+ che avevo prima funzionava tutto normalmente, da quando ho acquistato la hero8 niente. Ho provato a resettare la connessione della fotocamera, eliminarla dall'app e dal bluetooth del telefono, ma niente. Ho anche provato a resettare il telefono (un honor 8, sistema operativo android 7.0), e anche così niente. Inoltre, anche se mi esce il messaggio di "connessione riuscita", l'icona della dashboard con il telefono non diventa bianca, ma resta grigia. Qualcuno saprebbe aiutarmi? Grazie

Tourist

[ New ]

Good evening, from the gopro app (version 6.16.1) the preview of my gopro hero8 black doesn’t work, and I can’t see my gallery. For the rest the app and the gopro are in dialogue. With the gopro hero3+ that I had before all worked normally, I have this problem since I bought the hero8 black. I tried to reset the camera connection, delete the gopro from the phone’s app and from the phone's bluetooth, but it doesn’t work. I also tried to reset the phone (an honor 8, android operating system 7.0). Also, even if I get the message of "successful connection", the icon of the dashboard with the phone does not become white, but it remains gray. Can anyone help me? Thank you

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @sunnycave62574

What version is your GoPro App on?

What error message are you getting?

What happens if you try to access is through Control Your GoPro instead of View Media?

Once the camera is paired, tap on Control Your GoPro, then on the lower left-hand side, tap on the frame icon.

You may also test this with another phone if you have access to one.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Aragon, 
the gopro app version is 6.16.1.
If i try to access to the prevew and if i tap on the frame icon to see the media i recive a error message that says "connection lost".
With another phone the app works.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @sunnycave62574

What is the model of the other phone you have tested?

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Huawei mate 20 pro
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us @sunnycave62574

We'll have this shared with the team and get back to you for updates.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Great, thank you!

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello, I have created a video and shared to Facebook and Twitter, but when I view it on those platforms, the video does not play. Everything else so far has been really easy, but this is so frustrating!
Tourist

[ New ]
Oh - I’m using an iPhone SE (not new version)
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @sprystorm5643. We'd like to gather a few more details to help isolate the issue. Are you able to playback the video before sharing them to the Social Media platform? Also, were the videos edited and then shared through the GoPro App? If you could share with us a screenshot showing the issue, it'll help us look further into the details.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, yes it all looks good in the app. When I click to share, it seems to share a link to GoPro and not my video. I got around it by downloading the video and uploading to fb and Twitter from my files.
3E374FFF-ED59-4D01-A0C0-48B9B0AB37C4.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Hero 8 Black

GoPro App 6.17 (9274)

Galaxy Note 10+

Android 10

So after 3-4 hours of editing a video (and saving every 10 minutes, making a duplicate every 30 minutes as backup), the app froze, showing that circular loading animation, and I waited for half an hour and it just didn't respond. I closed the app, tried to open the project again (my last saved version) but it didn't work. It either showed that circular loading forever, or showed "can't load project" or something like this. Which is funny, because whatever I did that made it crash, I didn't save it, so it shouldn't affect the previous files, right? The saved files should be ok, because I opened them several times and continued working on them before this happened!

I went back and loaded one of the backups (duplicated I made every 30mins), the same thing happened.

Moved back to load "other" projects (with a completely different set of imported video files), again, nothing loaded.

Tried everything but it seemed like the app had just crashed.

Restarted the app, restarted the phone, no luck.

Uninstall and Re-installed it, the projects were gone!!

It's just a report, I know there's nothing I can do about the lost project, but there are lots of important points here that the software development team can think about or work on:

1. Why would the saved projects get deleted when you uninstall the app? I hope they were saved in a secure location, so that we could make copies, use them in case we needed to reinstall the app, etc. So this is more a feature request: Could you please tweak the app so that it saves the project files in a folder, that could be kept even when uninstalling the app?

2. Why should a problem that is "not saved", make previously saved versions of the project, or even other projects, crash? Seems like an important, deep software bug.

3. I want to take note that even on a high-end phone like Note10+, loadings are a mess! Whatever edit I do (changing sound properties, etc.) I have to wait for several seconds so that the loading animation goes away. It's frustrating when editing a large video (like footage from a long hike, rafting, etc.). Even more advanced video tweaks happen instantly on other video editing apps that I use, the GoPro App doesn't seem efficient in using the system's resources.

4. I think editing clips and making changes very fast and not waiting for the loading screen to go away was what made my project crash. (It still doesn't justify crashing the previously saved files or other projects). But again, seems like the inefficiency of the software to apply and save the changes and edits, is opening the door to other problems as well.

5. another feature request: auto backup maybe? It can be in the form of the App saving the project every couple of minutes, and also a "restore" option for after the app crashes.

Thanks for taking the time to read user feedbacks, I hope your software team would be able to handle these bugs and make editing videos with GoPro App a better experience!

GoPro

[ New ]

@vahidfm 

I'm real sorry for this bad experience you had. 

Why would the saved projects get deleted when you uninstall the app? > uninstalling the app deletes all content, cleans everything out. Otherwise it would still take space on your phone

When the app is crashing we receive the logs so we can fix the crashes.

One thing you can do also -> Right after the app crashes - Open App again, go to Settings / Support / Send Feedback. There you can write a detailed explanation of what happened and it will attach the crash logs to your email. 

Bug/crash fixes are made at every update. 

I've also raised your concerns and requests to the Team, hoping to get improvements on the recovery process. Sorry about all that.

Nomad

[ New ]

The GoPro APP on Android 10 works well in principle. I still have the following wishes for the future:
- File transfer not only via WLAN, but also via USB connection or from the SD card (with card reader).
- Can specify storage directory for imported files (almost every Android device has an external SD card installed to expand the memory - there is usually much more space available than on the internal memory!)
- When exporting edited videos to the mobile device, please receive all metadata (especially the GPS data) in the video!
- Can specify storage directory for export.