Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Having trouble with the GoPro App? We will gladly do everything we can to get you up and running with it. Be sure to include the following details in your post:

A brief description of the issue and what you have tried
GoPro App version
Camera model and firmware version (e.g. HERO8 Black v1.80)
Phone Model (e.g. iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8)
Mobile OS (e.g. iOS 13.1.2 or Android 9.0)

Thanks!

Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]
Buenas noches, hoy reinicie mi celular de fabrica y no he podido volcer a instalar la aplicacion gopro app, quick si me ha dejado pero no la aplicacion principal para aemparejar la camara.
Mi celular es su Samsung J6+, SO: Android 9; camara Hero 4 Silver, SO v05.00.
Adjunto capturas del celular
Screenshot_20191030-202118_Google Play Store.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nachomari2505

Thanks for the information. Which country is your Playstore registered to?

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Warum wird dafür wieder ein neues Thema aufgemacht?

Es ist doch bekannt, das die GoPro mit dem neueren Betriebssysteme der Smartphone nicht kompatibel ist.

Manche funktionieren und manche nicht. Immer wieder wird gefragt.Das Problem ist doch seit Monaten bekannt.

Immer wieder wird nur vertröstet. Lassen Sie mal Erfolge zeigen. Das ist doch einfach nur noch lächerlich.

Hiker

[ New ]
Recorded video is fine as viewed inside the GoPro app or on the camera, but all of my 360 footage that is exported from the app does this https://youtu.be/E1ypydH_VQo
A strange distorted square blocking all of the forward image.

iPhone 8 iOS 13.1.3
GoPro app 6.2.1
GoPro Max 1.3

GoPro

[ New ]

@cheeseoverdose 

Sorry about that, this issue has been solved in the next update 6.2.2 which has been submitted to the AppStore - so it's a matter of time now before you get it.

You can either wait or you can apply to be part of our beta testing community and you'll get it as a beta (and following betas) as you wish :)

Tourist

[ New ]

Actually it seems to be very compatible now (ver 6.2.1) with both the latest version of iOS and Android 10. I have it working on both my wife's iPhone and iPad AND my Pixel 2XL and Pixel 4 Android 10 phones. If you are having a problem I can try to help since I have worked through some issues for the past month or so. Just post here the specifics and I will see if I can be helpful. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Wow thanks :) Happy to read that it's working well for you! Thanks for sharing the good vibe ;)
Tourist

[ New ]

There are a few little gotchas I posted elsewhere around here......

1. Manually connect your android phone's wifi to the access polnt name emitted by the gopro camera. This means you will have to first go to the connect screen on the camera to get the ssid name and password...write those down because you will need them. You will be warned you have no internet access but that is of no consequence.

2. Whenever reconnecting,  always boot up your phone AFTER the camera is on and on the connect screen. If the camera comes on AFTER the phone is already on, I have found the connection cannot be made. So camera must be on FIRST, then phone.

After you have connected manually to the camera's broadcasted SSID (such as later when you come back for more) bring up the gopro app, click on the icon on the lower left and you should now be able to see the camera output.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, 

Please assist. I'm not seeing my latest media under the Cloud tab in the Android app. Running v6.2.2 on a Huawei P10 Plus (running build 9.1.0.252). I have an active GoPro Plus subscription and when I log in via my browser the media is there, however, when I access the "Cloud" through the app it is not. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Haing problem connecting my GoPro on GoPro app. It say my Gopro 8 is connected succesful on the GoPro APP but eveytime i try to do the control the GoPro using my phone or try to update my gopro using the app it say can't connect. Did eveything that i read in order to try to connect my gropro using the app on my phone but still not working. PLEASE help. I read most people are having problem connecting their GoPro on the app. 

GoPro Hero 8 Black New version1.5\

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Android version 9

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @epicstar76160

Sorry for any trouble caused. Please reach out to our Support Team regarding this matter. They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

@spankmyers

Please complete the update manually

Once done proceed with the pairing process.

You can also test the connection with a different phone to help isolate the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]
Non riesco ad associare la mia gopro hero 8 black al mio Apple Watch 4 . Tramite iPhone 6s.
GoPro

Re: Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Hi @poncaco

Apologies for any inconvenience, but the GoPro App on Apple Watch is no longer supported. This doesn't mean that the app will never return, but it's been removed for the time being.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Just picked up a GP 7 Silver. Tried doing some test footage but when I save the file I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've looked within the Files app but couldn't find it. Normally apps that save photos will create new folders within the photos app but it doesn't seem to be happening. I can see the files when I use Quik but that's about it.

GoPro App version: 6.2.2
Camera model and firmware version: HERO7 Silver 02.10
Phone Model: Pixel 3XL
Mobile OS: Android 10

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @deeelaaan

Sorry for any troubles caused.
Please try to scroll down all the way to the bottom of the Media page. 
See if the files were just back-date

Thanks!

Ej

Explorer

[ New ]

@deeelaaan 

Just to clarify, are you looking for the media files from within the GoPro app, or are you going into the phones gallery?  The files will first be saved internally, inside, the GoPro app.  Click on the App Media in the GoPro app and you should be able to find the media that has been transferred over.  From here you can select media that you want saved to the phone's media gallery if you wish (It will make a new folder in the same way as you indicated other apps do).  

Tourist

[ New ]

@danielr15 Here are the steps I did:
1. Go to the media section of the GoPro App.

2. Hold down the video I want to save to my phone.

3. Watch it save and then head to my phones native photo gallery app but I don't see the file there.

Tourist

[ New ]
I am having the same problem as @epicstar76160 on my pixel 2xl. Any resolution?
Sightseer

[ New ]

Salve appena acquistato gopro 7 black e scopro sel sul mio telefono Samsung ace j3 software 5.1.1 non riesco a carica APP go pro mi dice che il mio dispositivo non è compatiblie. Inoltre la batteria  a corredo è durata 30 minuti.

Grazie

Tourist

[ New ]

That is the same problem I was having.......turn on the camera and get the SSID name and password of the camera's access point. Once you have that go to the settings on your phone (general settings NOT the gopro app). Go to wifi networks and visually search for the one emitted by your camera. Put in the password there once you selected it. NOW go to the gopro app. The trick I have found is you have to have the phone connected after the camera is up and it must be connected through the phone's setrtings to the wifi "network" of the camera.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Bonjour,

Comme beaucoup d'après les avis sur le Play Store, je n'arrive pas à connecter mon Samsung A50 avec la Hero 8 black. J'avais précedemment un vieux Honor 6X avec lequel tout semblait marcher parfaitement. Mais avec le A50 impossible. J'ai suivi tous les tutos de troubleshooting, tout desinstaller, reinstaller, installer manuellement le dernier firmware, rien n'y fait. A noter que la caméra signale que la connexion est réussies mais le A50 n'y arrive pas. Bref est-ce que quelqu'un a une idée ou faut-il attendre un hypothétique patch? A noter que d'après les avis sur le playstore gopro a réussi l'exploit d'avoir plus de mécontents que d'heureux.

Merci.

A+

GoPro

[ New ]

Can you try setting your camera on 2.4ghz and try to connect again please?

You can do that from Camera > Preferences > Connections > Band: 2.4ghz, instead of 5.

We have an issue that is fixed in the upcoming firmware for A50 devices, so stay tuned for the firmware update your camera will receive.

Cheers,
A.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

My search in the Play Store isn't showing results for the GoPro App.  Searching google and manually navigating to the GoPro App page on my phone yields the error, "Your device isn't compatible with this version." My info below.

GoPro App Version: Any?

Camera Model: Hero 8 Black

Camera Firmware Version:  01.00

Phone Model: LG Xpression Plus (LM-X410ASR)

Android Version: 9

I understand that i'm not using a flagship phone, but I haven't had an issue using it with other smart devices. I've updated it to the most recent android version available. What gives?

Tourist

[ New ]
OS version: 9

OS type: Android

Device model: Vivo 1819

App version: 6.2.3

Camera Model/Firmware History: [H19.03.01.35]

I can't edit gopro max 360video in apps..
As seen on picture when I click The icon to edit 360 video then they loading all The time A.k.a not respond

Please help me
Screenshot_20191227_055804.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertflash114

To help isolate the issue, would you mind testing it with another phone?

I have just tested this on a Huawei P30 and I was able to edit/reframe a 360 video.

Video saved without any errors as well.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I have tried another Phone such as Samsung but still The same..

How to fix it on my Phone?
Tourist

[ New ]

I successfully connected my phone and GoPro Hero 8 with the GoPro app but when I travel, I don't always use my phone, but my Android Tablet.  Problem is my Tablet is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and it says it's not compatible with the GoPro mobile app.  Any suggestions for what I can use??

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hola. No puedo hacer un video Live en Facebook o YouTube con mi GoPro 8.
Me pide conectar mi teléfono como punto de acceso, pero no se como hacerlo.
Tengo un IPhone X.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello!

Unless you have 1000 subscribers on your Youtube account, you won't be able to livestreaming from our gopro app / mobile device.

It's a technical constraint imposed by Youtube on all of us small time streamers :( .

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello. It's my first GoPro cam, and I started with issues, because my phone detects my GoPro8, but can't connect to it. I tried support advices, but nothing works so far. Please help !

GoPro App version: 6.4.1
Camera model and firmware version: HERO8 Black v01.00
Phone Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro
Mobile OS: Android 7.0 NRD90M

pic2.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]
OK, I solved this by pairing cam with bluetooth on my phone.
Tourist

[ New ]

se hacen preguntas porque se desconocen cosas, tú que lo sabes TODO NO LO NECESITAS, LOS DEMÁS SEGUIREMOS PREGUNTANDO...

Tourist

Cutting clips before donwloading on phone

[ New ]
Hi there,
I'm trying to cut short clips out of long videos that are stored on my gopro before I download them on my phone but I can't make it work.
I cut the clip, save it, get a message that it is now stored in my media, but I don't see anything, either on the camera or on my phone.
What did I do wrong?
Thanks.

Gopro app 6.2.3
Hero8 v1.50
Samsung A40
Android 9
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello - I'm having a terrible time attempting to get my GoPro to actually connect to the mobile app on my phone at all.  I've tried a full factory reset on the GoPro, connections reset, deleting the GoPro Wifi and bluetooth connections, removing and reinstalling the mobile app, everything I can possibly think of.  I'm at my wit's end!

GoPro App version 6.4.2 (3482)

HERO8 Black v01.50

Apple iPhone 11 Pro

iOS 13.3

GoPro

Re: Cutting clips before donwloading on phone

[ New ]

Hello @adroitdusk32206

Please have your app updated to the latest version then try again.

Following updates, it's a good idea to restart your phone before re-pairing your camera to the GoPro app

Hello @adommin

If you haven't yet, please go over the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964

If the same happens after all the suggested steps, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Buongiorno,

ho appena acquistato una GoPro Hero 8 Black (versione sfotware 1.60), ma non riesco a connetterla al mio smartphone (Xiaomi Mi6 con Android 9) attraverso l'app (6.4.1). Il problema nel dettagglio è una segnalazione da parte del sistema che segnala il tentativo dell'app di modificare la connessione WiFi dello smartphone. Qualunque opzione seleziono tra le due si disconnette dalla rete della telecamera e si riconnette facendo ricomparire questa segnalazione rendendo l'applicazione di fatto inutilizzabile.

Vi chiedo come procedere, io ho gia disinstallato e reinstallato la GoPro senza risultati, sono solo riuscito ad aggiornarla.

Vi ringrazio per l'attenzione

Cordiali saluti

Elia

Screenshot_2020-01-24-15-44-06-212_com.gopro.smarty.jpg
GoPro

Re: Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Hello @cooltree46314. There are device-specific troubleshooting steps here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 for you to try. Should you need further assistance, our Support team may be reached through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Pudiste resolverlo? Me pasa lo mismo
GoPro

[ New ]

@quickstar06075, have you already gone through the troubleshooting suggestions here?

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Hiker

[ New ]

Tienes toda la razón, pasa continuamente y lo peor es que no se hace nada por solucionarlo ni darmos una respuesta a los clientes.

Quizas los clientes somos validos solo para vendernos cosas, pero no para atendermnos y solucionarnos nuestros problemas.

Me gustaria que alguien me diera una solcuión, no simplemente decirme que mire las guias, pues eso ya lo he hecho y no soluciona nada.

Además, te dicen que dandot de alta en GOPROPLUS tienes acceso 24horas al chat y a mi siempre me dice que no puedo conectarme.

Espero soluciones, si es que aun les importamos, aunque sea un pco, los clientes.

Gracias de antemano.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Olá, noite! 

Estou com dificuldades para baixar minhas fotos e videos da minha Hero 7. 

As midias aparecem na GoPro mas não estão disponiveis para baixar pelo app no iphone ou pelo computador. 

Já fiz as atualizações no app e mesmo assim não consigo. 

Como devo prosceder?

Obrigado. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @casciriaco

Here are some links that  may come handy:

How to View, Copy, and Delete Media Using the GoPro App

Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Informationen:

- aktuelle GoPro App Version (heute, 06.02.2020, installiert)

- Kameramodell: GoPro 4 Session

- Handy: Samsung Galaxy A40

- Android Betriebssystem

Problemstellung:

Funksteuerungsmenü offen, aber der Modus "PUT APP IN PAIRING MODE" erscheint nicht, daher unmöglich die Kamera mit dem Handy über die App zu verbinden. Mit der SELECT-Taste lässt sich der Modus nicht aktivieren.

Wo liegt das Problem?

Explorer

[ New ]

Stellen Sie sicher, dass die Kamera vollständig ausgeschaltet ist (keine LED-Anzeigen blinken, nichts im Statusbildschirm der Kamera).
Halten Sie die INFO / WI-FI-Taste 8-10 Sekunden lang gedrückt. Sie werden mit "WLAN zurücksetzen" aufgefordert. Die Taste kann jetzt losgelassen werden.
Drücken Sie die INFO / WI-FI-Taste einmal, um JA zu markieren.
Drücken Sie die SHUTTER-Taste einmal, um JA auszuwählen. Die Kamera fordert Sie auf, den Reset durchzuführen, und schaltet sich dann aus.

Öffnen Sie die GoPro App:
Tippen Sie auf der Startseite auf das Symbol in der oberen linken Ecke.
Tippe auf "Kamera hinzufügen" (iOS), "Kamera" (Android)
Tippe auf "HERO4 Session".
Heben Sie Ihre Kamera auf:
Drücken Sie die Taste "Info / Wireless", um das Display einzuschalten.
Drücken Sie die Taste "Info / Wireless" erneut, um zur APP zu wechseln, und drücken Sie dann die Taste "Shutter / Select", um sie auszuwählen.
Führen Sie auf dem Gerät die folgenden Schritte aus:
Tippen Sie auf "Weiter".
Geben Sie die auf dem Kamerastatusbildschirm angezeigte PIN ein und tippen Sie auf "Pair".
Erstellen Sie einen neuen Kameranamen und ein neues Kennwort und tippen Sie anschließend auf "Weiter".
Für iOS-Benutzer: Gehen Sie auf Ihrem Telefon zu Einstellungen> WLAN, wählen Sie den Namen Ihrer Kamera aus, geben Sie das Kennwort ein und kehren Sie zur App zurück. Ein blauer Punkt neben dem Kameranamen zeigt an, dass eine Verbindung besteht.
Tippen Sie auf den Namen Ihrer Kamera, um eine Verbindung zum WLAN-Netzwerk der Kamera herzustellen.

Tourist

[ New ]

Vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort!

Es stellt sich mir ein problem, unter "Kamera auswählen" finde ich einerseits HERO5Session oder nur HEROSession. Dabei wird HERO4Session in der Liste nicht aufgeführt.

Ich konnte Ihrer Anleitung problemlos folgen bis zu diesem Punkt:

"Drücken Sie die Taste "Info / Wireless" erneut, um die App zu wechseln, und drücken Sie dann die Taste "Shutter / Select", um sie auszuwählen."

Bei der Betätigung der "Shutter/Select"-Taste passiert leider nichts.

Ich habe die Kamera "HERO Session" gewählt im App-Menü, was allerdings auch nicht zielführend war. Die Kamera erkennt das Handy nicht, analog umgekehrt. Es wird mir weder ein PIN angezeigt, noch ein Kameraname.

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

Having trouble with the GoPro App? We will gladly do everything we can to get you up and running with it. Be sure to include the following details in your post:

A brief description of the issue and what you have tried
GoPro App version
Camera model and firmware version (e.g. HERO8 Black v1.80)
Phone Model (e.g. iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8)
Mobile OS (e.g. iOS 13.1.2 or Android 9.0)

Thanks!

Hi,

Could you please be so kind to direct me to where I can find the gopro andriod app that supports the gopro 4 please. 

Thanks in advance

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @chrisbmt

The latest GoPro App version both on Android and iOS should work with HERO4 cameras.

If you encounter any pairing issues, please refer to Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

The issue is not a connection issue but a compatibatibility issue. Phone is One Plus 2 with android version 6.0.1. Is there an android version that is compatible with this phone? Thank you very much

Explorer

[ New ]
You need Android 7.0 or newer.