Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]
Hi @stoutridge65602,

Thanks for letting us know how you managed to fix the live streaming issues on your end. We are seeing several users reporting issues with live streaming and we are investigating on our end.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Wow thanks :) Happy to read that it's working well for you!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Здравствуйте) Я по поводу приложения видео-редактора Quik.
У меня смартфон марки Vivo и ранее видео получалось создать без каких-либо помех,но до недавнего времени. Возможно,при последнем обновлении программы в ней что-то пошло не так. И это доказывает не один отзыв о приложении в PlayMarket. Если перейти к конкретике,то после сохранения видеоролик местами глючит и залипает,а сейчас прямо во время работы над видеоряда.
Очень нравилось ваше приложение до этого момента. Можно сказать,даже душа болит за такой хороший проект.Пожалуйста, исправите данный недостаток потому,как редактор отличный)Я в вас верю.
Заранее спасибо)
GoPro

[ New ]
@АнжеликаМ5077
Hi, I'm sorry to let you know that Quik hasn't been updated in a very long time so it's not stable and may cause errors or crash.
I can only recommend that you use GoPro App, it has being updated regularly. Latest update is 7.3.1 on Android / 7.3 on iOS. And more updates are coming next year.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, after the latest update of the GoPro app I'm really having trouble transfering files from my Hero9Black to the app.  

GoProHero9Black

GoPro app version 7.3

iPhoneXS, 14.2

The camera is awesome, I just am unable to transfer files.  The camera restarts itself during transfers.  Sometimes an iPhone restart helps but that hasn't worked today.  

Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
How do I find new media without doing a auto/manual upload. It used to be as soon as I opened my app it would say new media found and now with the new app it no longer does that.
Tourist

[ New ]
Bonjour je n'arrive pas à effectuer la mise à jour gopro hero 9 ? J'ai essayé toute la soirée et le chargement reste à 0% voir 3% mais ça n'avance pas. Je ne comprends pas vraiment comment connecter ma go pro hero à mon téléphone ? Est-ce en wifi ou en bluetooth ? Merci de m'aider.
Screenshot_20201227-004320_GoPro.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@krisikat1029, we'd like to gather a few more details. Could you please tell us more about the issue? Does it happen to all media file downloads? How many files were you downloading? Do you get the same results when offloading one file at a time? Share with us your workflow so we can also check from here. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

@schick2583, the Auto Offload has been removed from the current version of the GoPro App. We will post about it once we have new info available. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@graywave80287, sorry to hear about the trouble updating your camera through the GoPro App. If the Over the Air (OTA) update fails to install, this may be due to either a wireless connectivity issue or the mobile device itself. Try to unpair the camera with your mobile device and pair the two devices again, then attempt to install the update one more time. You can also try using a different device.

If you continue to get the same problem with the wireless update, using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Sightseer

[ New ]

facing some issue please help me . .

Sightseer

[ New ]

Bonjour,

Après avoir lu differents postes (soit disant résolus, j'ai notamment suivi les conseils de aarlekk qui semblaient fonctionner) j'ai effectué les manips suivantes pour une Gopro black 9 (vu le prix ce serait bien que cela marche) avec un téléphone Android (Huawei Mate Pro 10).

1. Desinstaller et réinstaller l'appli
  2. Parametrer la go pro en mode usine
  3. Reinitiliser les connexions
  4. Dissocier le blutooth avant de les associer à nouveau
  5. Redemarrer le tel et la caméra
  6. Regler la bande Wifi en 2,4 GHz

Malgré ces manips.

:) La go pro se connecte au tel. Bon début

Mise à jour de la caméra effectuée, second bon point.

:( Tentative de prendre le controle de la caméra depuis le tel impossible "Aucun appareil trouvé"

Impossible d'accéder à mes médias... "Impossible de se connecter à votre Gopro" (malgré le message sur la caméra "connexion établie"

400e pour un produit qui ne fonctionne pas... Gopro une solution ?

A l'aide ! :)

GoPro

[ New ]

@clementb73200, try to manually connect to your GoPro camera's Wi-Fi. To do this, send the GoPro App to the background then open the Wireless Connection settings on your phone and manually connect to your GoPro camera's Wi-Fi. Once connected, switch back to the GoPro App. 

If it doesn't help, I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 
Tourist

[ New ]

All,

I have a problem. 

Bought a new phone and it cant play the 360 footage. I can download the clip on phone but the app just shows a spinner forever when I try to play it.

It works fine with my old samsung galaxy note 8 though.

GoPro App version - 7.3.2
Camera model and firmware version - Gopro Max 02.00
Phone Model - Ulefone Armor 9 -

Memory -   8GM RAM 

ChipsetMediatek MT6779 Helio P90 (12 nm)
CPUOcta-core (2x2.2 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
GPU

PowerVR GM9446

Mobile OS - Android 10

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @viveky7213

MAX is a premium camera with very high resolution video capabilities. This takes a lot of processing power to run on a phones video player and doesn't always play nice with all phones. Even newer phones that might have older chipsets which is very common in Android can struggle with processing 5k and 3k video.

Have you tried shooting in 3k60 and then editing in the app? This is less processing intensive than the 5k video mode and is more likely to work with your phone.

Please note GoPro does offer a free editing solution for 360 on Mac and windows computers which you can use and install today.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Player/ta-p/413305

These are the hardware recommendations we have for Android users on app using 360 cameras.

Chipsets on phone:
• Kirin 980 or newer
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or newer
• Exynos 9810 or newer

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/360-Media-Support-in-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/408043
Sightseer

[ New ]
I’m trying to add a camera to my new account and it keeps giving me an invalid serial number. It’s the number straight off the sticker inside the camera.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fireyhill037

Please double check on the information entered.

See How to Find Your GoPro Serial Number

You may also try using a different browser or go on incognito mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Please please help me!!
Last evening I tried to pair my hero 3 with the app which worked and I could control the camera. But the storage photos and videos wouldn’t sync or show an error kept showing unable to upload media please reboot by pressing power button for 8 seconds. This didn’t work I got the same message. And then in my frustration I set up a wifi password for the camera and then forgot the password and I can’t change that on my iPhone 11!! A catalogue of errors. I really need the help please to get the shots on my camera and would appreciate the help. Even if the formats are wrong I want to set the old cam up so the formats work with my phone. Bear in mind please I update and registered the camera this morning and all is correct.thanks
GoPro

[ New ]

@nathaw0, you can reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings following the instructions here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password/ta-p/394276 

Then I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 
Tourist

[ New ]
Tengo un problema últimamente no puedo descargar o compartir los vídeos desde la app, los descargo de la camara a la app sin problema pero al momento de pasarlo al celular no avanza se queda en preparando tu vídeo y no descarga o comparte.. ¿ Que puedo hacer ?
Tourist

[ New ]

hello,

I am having trouble getting my Media uploaded to my App. Had original camera on there no problems, all those photos are in the Cloud. Was replaced under warranty. I have the new camera "found" in the app, and get told Connection is successful. But after I hit "View Media" nothing happens.

GoPro app - 7.3.2(10024)

Hero 9 Black

Samsung S9

Android 10

any help appreciated.

thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @tilly2011

Does the same happen if you do it through the Contol camera option? Tap on the media icon on the lower left-hand side.

If it's still the same, try changing the camera's Wi-Fi Band. See Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Rif.: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Buongiorno, 

dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento dell'app versione 7.3.2 non è più possibile cambiare i settaggi colore, bilanciamento ecc... In quanto possessore di una go pro hero 5 session vorrei capire come poter cambiare il protune dato che attualmente ho l'impostazione sul colore freddo. Ho un telefono iphone XR con sistema IOS versione 14.4. 

Spero in un ulteriore aggiornamento non così deludente Smiley Sad

Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide. iPhone 12 Pro issues

[ New ]

Hi,

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and the GoPro app is v7.3.2(4564), 

I have a GoPro Hero9 Black - brand new just out of box and trying to use.

I updated the software to 1.52

I took pix and video of a variety of sizes/lengths.

Sometimes the GoPro cant find the camera.

with a 128GB SD card, it cant connect the media, it keeps disconnecting and sometimes turning phone on and off

I reverted to a 64GB SD Cardc - identical to the web site compatible one.

The app can connect and control the phone and it finds the media.

However, the media thumbprints stay black - no viewable thumbprint.

It keeps calculating video size ( right now they are all 10 seconds or less) when trying to download - fails

I cant open and see the pix or videos on the app

I am sure i can see and copy them to my laptop as i did that with the 128GB card.

i am not sure if the camera is a lemon or if it was a mistake to upgrade and move from a GoPro 4 that i have had for years has worked excellently to the GoPro 9.  I like the features, but not if it cant download or let you see the media.

Please HELP!

-Ron

Sightseer

[ New ]
 Happy to read that it's working well for you! Thanks for sharing the good vibe ;)
Tourist

[ New ]

My iPhone with iOS 14.4 will not download files using the GoPro app. Local network access allowed. Tried restarting GoPro and deleting and reinstalling the app etc. All the usual advise you find online. App works on android with my camera. Is there a fix for apple coming?
I have GoPro app 7.3.2 for apple
I have hero 8 black with version 02.50
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @barko1969

Is this for downloading files from the camera to the app or from the app to your phone?

What error message are you getting?

If you have access to another phone, see if the same happens.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi.
Won’t download media from the camera to the iPhone app. I installed the app on a friends android phone and it works fine. It’s an apple app thing by the look of it. It connects via Bluetooth for “control your GoPro” function but won’t let files download when WiFi connection is required between the phone and camera. Local network is selected in the new privacy settings.
64B23CBC-2D12-4819-8529-AF33F1BD78F6.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @barko1969

Thanks for testing it with another device. We can confirm that the camera's connection is all good.

It could be on your phone's settings.

Please try the following suggested steps accordingly:

1. Allow GoPro through the Local Network settings. On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > enable Local Network (If enabled, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App, and try connecting again.
  2. Reboot your iPhone. Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14, it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again.
  3. Disable Mac address. This is especially true if you see “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera. Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > find your GoPro camera’s network > tap the “i” button next to the network > toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position.
  4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > to do this, you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the advice. I did as you outlined and still no change. When apple put out iOS 14 they added security feature for local network access. It messed up lots of apps that can no longer cast etc. Netflix updated their app and it works. Disney haven’t. I think that it has effected the GoPro app as well when it accesses the camera through WiFi.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @barko1969

We'll have this checked with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Tourist

[ New ]

As reported the only way to make iOS14 working with the GoPro mobile app (Now quik) to transfer data, it's to toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position.

But this is really annying... you have to do it everytime, at least with Hero 9.

I still have a old Hero 4 and it's still working fine: I switch wifi on Hero 4, on iPhone I connecto to Hero4's WiFi network and it works... Using Hero 9 I've to wait untill I see Hero9's WiFi network offered by Hero9 itself...

Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

My old Samsung S6 died..I had to buy new one.. I bought A12 with Android 10...my lovely 360 stuff DOESN'T work anymore. Is this Android 10 issues ( I heard that it was problem with compatibility ) or too week Smartphone? However A12 has 4GB. Can you recomend some Android based Smartphone that work well with Go Pro Max 360 files...my old S6 was working perfectly!

GoPro

Re: Betreff: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Hi @jure025

If you haven't yet, please check GoPro Quik: 360 Media Support

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi thx for info...but while there is listed iphones models names for android only chipset...you my not assume that everybody is electronic freak and knows which phone has which chipset...i would expect list of android phones instead of chipset...otherwise i would say that support for android has low quality/prio
Tourist

[ New ]
Why for androud there is list with chipset and not phones like for iphone??????
GoPro

[ New ]

@jure025
Because there are just too many Android phones out there with different capabilities and performance so we base our technical requirements on the chipset on the phone which is what will drive the phone performance.

You can check gsmarena.com it has all information on Android phones so you'll know the chipset on phones.

Tourist

[ New ]
Does Samsung A52 or HW P40 work?
Tourist

[ New ]
Which known available phones with Android work well? Can you list some of them....I cannot buy 10 phones and test them...and give back when it doenst work ;-)
GoPro

[ New ]
https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p40-10153.php
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a52-10641.php

Recommended chipsets
• Kirin 980 or newer
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or newer
• Exynos 9810 or newer

Huawei P40 yes - Kirin 990
Samsung A52 no - Snapdragon 720G
Tourist

[ New ]
S20 with exynos 990 for eu should work, or?
GoPro

[ New ]
Yes
Tourist

[ New ]
I tried with HW P30 which has kirin 980...rendering DOESNT WORK..according to your list it should work with kirin 980
Tourist

[ New ]
I tried HW p30 with kirin 980....rendering DOESNT WORK!
Tourist

[ New ]
And one more thing...when i take p40 which has no google play service, how can i download quick on it???
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

Kirin 980 is the minimum depending on how heavy the file is, then it may not work. Also make sure you're not talking about a LITE model because those usually have a less powerful chipset.

There's a Huawei AppStore I suppose so that's where you would find the app?

Or I've found this while simply searching on Google > https://apkpure.com/search?q=quik+app 

Tourist

回复: GoPro Apps for Mobile Help Guide

[ New ]

Could you please release a version of Quik app which is suitable for the lower version of IOS? My application is iOS12.0, but it was suggested that I need a minimum iOS13.0 or newer system, but I don't want to upgrade the system, so I can't install and use Quik

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello,
I made a project with Quick 8.9.1 on iPhone XR.
Most of files are from GoPro9 with 1.6 firmware and other from the iPhone.
The Quick app crashes each time I try to upload the video to photos gallery.
Have a subscription.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @dr650is. Restart your device then clear the cache for Quik in your device's settings under the "Apps" section. When you get a chance, please check out this article to resolve your issue - GoPro Quik: How to Resolve Crashing or Freezing Issues

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I didn’t find instructions how to clear cash on iOS.
I resorted iPhone several times. Closed all opened apps. The application can crash several times and then successfully finish exporting. With no changes in projects between tries. It looks like memory management problem by the app.