Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Apps Storage Selection on Android

Apart from the storage issue on Android, you only seem to be able to make a one minute video on the Quik app on laptop etc, so have also given up on that, and gone to Shotcut. I wish I had known about all this before I spent £600 odd. No wonder GoPro seem to be going t!ts up. Maybe they got found out.  https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/08/cnbc-gopro-is-putting-itself-up-for-sale

Highlighted
Tourist

It's a shame! The camera is great, but their customer service sucks. They don't seem to care about making the customer happy with what seems to be an easy fix to the app. I've called customer support before and they seem clueless.
Highlighted
Hiker

Problem was posted at may 7
Still there its march 5 even after 10 months what a support
Wakeup gopro support wakeup its morning guys.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Brand new Hero 6 owner here. I too am very surprised that GoPro has not delt with this issue. My Galaxy S7 internal storage is limited from all my apps. However, my 128gig SD card is plenty empty but can't get GoPro app to save files directly to it. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

My roundabout solution (after deleting as many apps as I could to free up internal storage space) is to save as many videos as I can to my phone. Once saved go into file manager and then manually move the videos from internal storage DCIM file to SD card.

Once moved over, I keep doing that until all my files are moved. It's worked so far but there will definately come a time when a long video will be too large.

I'm no programmer but I can't see having even a "save too" option when downloading files even if the default option has to be to internal for the app to work....

Should this not be a priority GoPro??

Highlighted
Sightseer

Just purchases my GoPro... Great camera + smartphone apps = perfect combination to edit and share content on-the-go... I thought,... because I soon found out I was so wrong! Appartently the app is unable to save files to the SD card of the android phone; since the internal phone memory is filled with apps there is no space for high resolution video. While 60GB free on my SD card, the GoPro app refuses to transfer the video because of "Not enough space".

This is an essential feature, without it, it renders the GoPro pretty useless as an on-the-go and user friendly compagnion of a smartphone. This is a shame for a premium product and I'm very dissapointed by this, just like all the others in this forum. And searching the web it's pretty clear we are far from the only ones.

If someone at GoPro is reading this; this question is open for almost a year now; even if it's a "no", please provide an official reply to this. And don't just say "we will pass it to the development team"; pass it to the marketing and product management team of GoPro, because this is costing you customers and your reputation!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @epicwater45458

The GoPro App uses internal memory on the device and cannot be set (even by default) to save to an SD card. In order to save internal device memory, you can opt to move the media files to the SD card once they have been imported to your device. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya we all know this and we're heavily complaining about the lack of this functionality.. how many other posts do you need to add the possibility to save into SD direclty?

Let's take the most sold Andorid Smaartphones:

1. they have on AVG 16-32gb
  2. 10gb occupied by Android
  3. 5gb by another idiot App called Whatsapp that is not able as well to save into SD
  4. 5 gb by personal files, pictures, videos...

how do you propose to transfer 5-10GB videos 4k from GOPRO?

It's insane that an app that creates large files as GOPRO hasn't a flexibility to manage the memories! Ridicuolous!

Highlighted
Tourist

Well, that answer from GoPro confirms what everyone has been thinking.......... They havent got a clue.